Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Installing custom FMIC. Have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing custom FMIC. Have some questions

Bought a used FMIC kit a while back.

1. I am looking to get some silicon couplers like in the EPP kits. Where can I find them online? I've tried seaching and can't find anything. The kit came with some couplers. I am not sure what the thickness is or what they are rated at. They don't look that sturdy.

2. Also have a Vortec Mondo BOV valve that came with the kit. I need to replace the mounting section specifically the flange and stand on the pipe. I can get a replacement flange but is there some place to get a aluminum weld stand that I can buy?

3. Lastly where is the best place to put the BOV ? Near the throttle body or the IC?

Thx
Old 03-23-2009, 07:15 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stylin Motors is where we get our silicone from, they are much thicker than a lot of the silicone out on the market. Bob
Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
11Second Club

Try searching for a place called Silicone Intakes. That's where I bought a few of my couplers that were kinda strange... like the 4" to 3.5" reducing elbow going from the TB to the MAF, for example.

For the "stand" for the BOV flange, I just used a piece of aluminum pipe that I ordered online. It was very easy to cut to fit properly on the 3" charge pipe with just a Dremmel.

I don't really think it matters where you put the BOV... I just put it where it fit and I could easily run a vacuum line to it.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Stylin Motors is where we get our silicone from, they are much thicker than a lot of the silicone out on the market. Bob
That's where I get mine also. Many sites sell 3 layer silicone; Stylin is 4 or even 5 layers thick.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thanks Bob. I looked on there last night. Do you guys use all the standard stuff with your kits? No funny leg lengths, etc?

Should the 90 degree elbow a 4" or a transition piece to 3.5"

What is the coupler you use for the procharger? There are no pictures online.

Try searching for a place called Silicone Intakes. That's where I bought a few of my couplers that were kinda strange... like the 4" to 3.5" reducing elbow going from the TB to the MAF, for example.

For the "stand" for the BOV flange, I just used a piece of aluminum pipe that I ordered online. It was very easy to cut to fit properly on the 3" charge pipe with just a Dremmel.

I don't really think it matters where you put the BOV... I just put it where it fit and I could easily run a vacuum line to it.
Thanks for the tip on the "stand" I found some aluminum pipe online. It was cheap put shipping will kill me so I am going to see if i can find it local.