Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BOV's

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BOV's

I have seen a few different setups, But i'm building an APS kit it has the cheesy Bosch plastic BOV's

I've been thinking about upgrading I've seen one place where people used the bungs on the top of the intercooler for Twin BOV's which is expensive (double the cost haha)

Is it better to have the BOV up there. and a second set in the stock location?

would seem to me that it would be better to have the BOV after the intercooler for boost once you gget back into it after a shift so you wouldn't have lag. am I correct?

also, how did you block off the other BOV's or did you??

Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why moun them in the intercooler. just put them in factory locations. You can get block off plugs at home depot they were for like table leg protector or something fit perfect.
You can try the bosch unrecirced they do sound louder like that.
Turbosmart makes high quality plug and play ones direct fit to the aps. They ae not cheap but high quality metal ones. I got the supersonics plenty loud enough for me no sound files yet maybe shortly.
These are the compact series. You can get them recirced style or think both recir and vented or just vented. I went with just vented style.
You can weld on megasonics if you want super loud. Weld them to current blowoff locations but personally just like plug and play.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Veteran

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...OV2_138887.htm
Video of single supersonic. We of course run two.

Just search turbosmart supersonic they have several types, recirc, recird and vented and vented. As said pricey but very high quality stuff.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Launching!

There is a place there to drill into, I've seen one with a BOV on each side. looked cool.

i was just curious about the placement and that maybe it would help in one manner or another.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

why 2 bov's?most twin setups ive seen have only one
Old 05-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Launching!

not sure what your asking

right now the APS puts 2 BOV's that return air to the system. ( not into the atmosphere)

I'm asking if it's worth putting a set up top where i've seen a couple in the past. what are the benefits of doing so and blocking off the bottom ones.

I would think there would be some benefit to having it closer to the throttle body when it shuts so you don't put the pressure on the intercooler. had a couple other thoughts too but not sure if they are relevant.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

There is zero advantage to putting it on the intercooler. Its a blow off not a wastegate.
Unless you maybe want to show them off on the intercooler or they might be louder echoing maybe off the hood I think they are fine in the stock location and simple as pie to upgrade if you just go Kompact turbosmart. and you can pick non recirced, recirced or both at same time. I don't really find mine superloud around town. I have heard louder maybe the megasonic or turbo xs are really loud. My tial is not that loud have single tial in my 97 talon.
But really how much attention do you want to get. Non recirced blow offs are actually illegal in many places..But not where I live so far at least.
I think I am satisfied with my current supersonics.And they took like 1 minute to install and set up.