Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Crank pin problem, help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crank pin problem, help!

Hello, I have this ATI crank pin kit #918993-1 and we are trying to pin stock balancer. Is it even possible with this kit or do I have wrong kit? Any pictures of this kit assembled would be very helpful!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has to be done before the balancer is put on.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:34 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was under the impression that the pinning kit you have listed was for an ATI balancer...

When I pinned my stock balancer, it was one pin through the front of the crank/balancer, and you do it with the balancer in place. The kit comes with a small template that the crank bolt goes through and holds it to the crank, and then you just drill through the hole in the template and insert the pin in that hole. The pin goes halfway into the balancer and halfway into the crank.

Hope that helps...like I said, not sure if the kit you bought was intended for the stock balancer or not.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Q-
I was under the impression that the pinning kit you have listed was for an ATI balancer...

When I pinned my stock balancer, it was one pin through the front of the crank/balancer, and you do it with the balancer in place. The kit comes with a small template that the crank bolt goes through and holds it to the crank, and then you just drill through the hole in the template and insert the pin in that hole. The pin goes halfway into the balancer and halfway into the crank.

Hope that helps...like I said, not sure if the kit you bought was intended for the stock balancer or not.
It turned out that it was ment for ati balancer. We made diy pinning for stock balancer

Quick Reply: Crank pin problem, help!