Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Nelson Racing Engines

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Im with you, gotta throw the flag on this one.
i agree +3.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320
You guys are comparing apples to oranges.....LOl

Shawns clients are different from Nelsons. They may over lap slightly but in most cases they are different. That doesnt make one group better then the other, they are just different markets. Most of teh time, Shawns customers probably spend less, but probably put in more of their own time, on the car, on the set up, on the knowledge to own the car. Nelson probably deals with a slightly less versed customer (most of the time) Hot rodders that are busy at their primary business what ever that may be, and the hotrod takes a back seat. They still want it and have the funds....its actually cost savings to them because they make more then saving money on the build with their own time.

Just different.
+1 on that one. Nelson is offering something diffrent to what VA is. Not saying that either of the companines couldn't or wouldn't do what the other s doing. lol. i guess its like buying clothes. you can go into a high end shop and buy a VERY nice suit that is hand made and then tailord to fit you, or you can go to a tailor to make one to fit you. both solutions end up with you looking good, just diffrent routes to take.

and at the end of the day, ANYONE that is pushing limits and trying new things, no matter how daft they may seem to you now, is ALLWAYS a good thing! i just hope guys like Nelosn and Va Speed keep doing what they do for a long time! deffinately makes the world a more intresting place.

Chris.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

our customers are really not that much different and prices aren't that much different.Most of our customers are looking more for hardcore perfromance over looks but we do some of both.Right now we are building a motor for an NFL player and it has some cool stuff that is just for looks on it.We also have about 5 builds going on that are $28,000.00+ just for the engine without any accessories or injection-so they would easily be $40,000.00+ by the time you added a turbo setup and injection.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are we going to get to see pictures of this build shawn?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
Wow, you guys are a bunch of idiots... Shawn, so are you making your own turbos these days because the last time I checked you used other companies turbos? And I'm pretty sure Phil nor Big Bird makes their own turbos either... ASC qualifications don't make you more suited to talk about turbos. LOL
Why should an engine builder have to build his own turbo's. Anyone who has been in the game long enough knows companies that make custom housings, wheels, anything you want. Why waste time when the turbo pro's can make anything you want to your spec or better.

When I want a good steak I don't ******* go to taco bell & get a steak fajita. If I want a custom turbo, housing, custom cartridge, custom wheels, I'll let the guys that do this every day do it.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

I really love this site!!! Ya I guess some
people can't respect a true artist and his work!!!(NRE) most can't afford it but remember you get what ya pay for!!! And some day I would love to where the WTF t shirt with pride!!! And laugh at people mad cause you don't make lame vids for ls1 tech... Well Nelson keep up the amazing work!!! But what do my. Two cents matter to all the paper racers lol... Ps guy and girls so
e day when u can see his work in person you might get it!!! Ya I can't afford it but I will respect it!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

wow, never in a million years would I think anyone would question someone who builds cars like these ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkUTunWNL9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmACTP69Zh0
Old 06-20-2010, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Its LS1 tech of course people will make ignorant statements....
N.R.E. for the win

Originally Posted by IT_SS
wow, never in a million years would I think anyone would question someone who builds cars like these ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkUTunWNL9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmACTP69Zh0

Quick Reply: Nelson Racing Engines