Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

starting out need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default starting out need help

ok guys mods in sign not much done as you can see. i always loved turbos. Now to the question i have got 10k and want to get a setup on my 02. nothing is done to motor trans or rear. hoping you experienced guys can help out with a shoping list to get me going in the right direction. my goal is a pump gas drag car. looking for around 12 flat. i figured that if i went with a turbo maybe i wouldnt have to go with big cam and heads.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

wow, 10k. Nice place to start. Easily capable of hitting 12s with 10k. Personally man, just go to the stickies and do some reading on the truck manifolds. or search truck manifold front mount.

can you fab?? weld?? dont mind cutting alittle on your car. Im not and fbody guy, but ive seen a million threads on here about front mount turbo fbodies. with 10k, and knowing how to weld yourself, or ****, i think xtremedime is selling a truck manifold cross over???

anyways man, if you cant fab. call josh @ KYTP hes a sponsor here and will gladly get your rolling with a killer custom kit of top notch quality.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you plan on building the motor first at all or did you just want to add boost to your stock engine? When you come up with your parts list try to only spend $6k-$7k. That way you have $3k-4k in reserve for all the stuff that will come up. There is some great do it yourself info on here. Depending on horsepower level you may want to get a dual fuel pump setup with a boost referanced fuel pressure regulator that returns to the tank.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

That sounds very doable, but your definately going to go faster than 12 flat. Even in a full weight street car, with full suspension and some sticky mickys you only need about 450rwhp to run mid 11's all day (if your around sea level at least). Also, that power level is pretty easy on the entire drivetrain and engine, so you won't have to beef up all that too much, but I if you got red blood in your veins your going to want to go faster.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

thats what i was wondering about if i would need to build up at all or if stock would hold up. i do plan on changing the rear and geting a converter with it. just got done at teh track tonight and did 13.62 at 103 so i would love to get this project started

Last edited by discostu; 07-24-2010 at 11:55 PM.