Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI Balancer Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATI Balancer Install

I'm installing a P1SC procharger on my '01 Camaro. i upgraded to the 8 rib pulley, which of course requires you to pin the crank. No big deal. The ATI super damper has nice numbers all the way around, which would be very helpful if I had a carb car, but I don't, and don't ever plan to. I'm sure it would be smart to put a marker on the car, and install the balancer so that I can utilize those numbers correctly, but is it necessary? The only thing I could think it would be helpful on would be a cam swap, so that I could adjust the valves, cause obviously I would never need it for adjusting timing or anything. Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated, call me lazy, but I just can't see putting in the time and effort or yanking the valve cover off now when it will have to be off anyways for a cam install-
Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DASSON
I'm installing a P1SC procharger on my '01 Camaro. i upgraded to the 8 rib pulley, which of course requires you to pin the crank. No big deal. The ATI super damper has nice numbers all the way around, which would be very helpful if I had a carb car, but I don't, and don't ever plan to. I'm sure it would be smart to put a marker on the car, and install the balancer so that I can utilize those numbers correctly, but is it necessary? The only thing I could think it would be helpful on would be a cam swap, so that I could adjust the valves, cause obviously I would never need it for adjusting timing or anything. Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated, call me lazy, but I just can't see putting in the time and effort or yanking the valve cover off now when it will have to be off anyways for a cam install-
You won't ever need the timing marks on the balancer, don't worry about it. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Thanks Bob-
Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

i actually used the #'s on mine, orig found TDC, made a pointer, wanted to double ck the timing (i run a carb, which has nothing to do with the balancer), but did want to know that the MSD box was giving me the timing i was seeing on my laptop, and that my timing was retarding under boost
Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Teching In

My mistake, I was assuming the carb guys were running distributors, but thinking about it, I guess there's no point. Any thoughts on pinning the crank? The kit ATI gave me has no instructions, although it seems to only really work one way....

Quick Reply: ATI Balancer Install