Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Going with Griffin radiator, a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going with Griffin radiator, a few ?'s

So it looks like most people on here are using the Griffin radiator

I have a few questions for those who are running this... Mainly looking for part numbers on the coolant hoses needed and what size fans are you running? Will the stock fans work?

My air filter pipe which is rather large is my only concern about the actual fitment, but I'm sure it, or the radiator placement can be tweaked.

Last edited by smokinHawk; 09-01-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: non sponser url
Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just used two ebay 12" fans and they work great. I also used two aluminum radiator hoses that flex and have two rubber connections on both ends.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
I just used two ebay 12" fans and they work great. I also used two aluminum radiator hoses that flex and have two rubber connections on both ends.
His current radiator is on an extreme slant because of the large hard-pipe inlet to the F1 though.

I was talking to Mike-David about the possibility of some work on the air dam. I think part of the up draft actually hits the bottom edge of the radiator. That, coupled with the fact that the plastic over the A/C condenser can't be used in this arrangement is making life rough. If the condenser was gone, that black plastic can go back in and would help. Right now, that air just moves up and under the hood, not through the radiator. You can see it logging as well. The car doesn't cool down on the freeway. Fans won't help that.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this the radiator alot of the guys use for FI in F-bodys? Hows the cooling? Sorry to hijack...
Old 09-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Is this the radiator alot of the guys use for FI in F-bodys? Hows the cooling? Sorry to hijack...
From what I've been told and read, it seems to be the most common one used. I was wondering about cooling capabilities of it myself. I'm hoping to be able to avoid this until next year.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frost
His current radiator is on an extreme slant because of the large hard-pipe inlet to the F1 though.

I was talking to Mike-David about the possibility of some work on the air dam. I think part of the up draft actually hits the bottom edge of the radiator. That, coupled with the fact that the plastic over the A/C condenser can't be used in this arrangement is making life rough. If the condenser was gone, that black plastic can go back in and would help. Right now, that air just moves up and under the hood, not through the radiator. You can see it logging as well. The car doesn't cool down on the freeway. Fans won't help that.
Removed condenser last night, need to find the black plastic piece or make something and see what that does.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost

Yeah, I don't have AC or anything else as you know and my radiator is straight up and down with one puller and one pusher.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Removed condenser last night, need to find the black plastic piece or make something and see what that does.
I may have mine laying around still if you guys don't find one. If you need it just PM me and i can ship it up.

Quick Reply: Going with Griffin radiator, a few ?'s