Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ls1 procharger help

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 procharger help

well i have decided i am tired of 430 hp heads and cam that is a dog to drive i would like to build a disc setup using an ebay inner cooler my car right now is a ls6 with arp rod bolts arp main and head studs and a patriot ls6 10.5 compression ratio heads i know the cr is a little high but i would like to run with it for now till i can get a forged rotating aasembly and put the boost to it for real with that said my goal is to put the stock ls6 cam back in for a great mannered car and achieve 550 hp at the wheels is this an achievable goal what boost do i need to reach this and can i run it with 10.5 to 1 cr i also absolutely do not want to use meath

can anyone give me a list of what parts i need to buy to mount and run the disc to the engine as i would like to get and mount that first then order the innercooler and piping once i can measure it all on the car i know that i need a j bracket, a disc, a hormonic balancer, a crank and blower pulley,a fan shroud and fan do i need a bypass/blowoff valve and is there any vacuum hookups

my car already has bigger injectors fuel pump and the tuning software thanks to all for any advice or input on my upcoming build
Old 09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds exactly like what I am doing right now give Bob a call at Brute Speed and he will hook you up. D1sc with the GT2-3 cam will get you right where you want to be. I was going to run the Ls6 cam at first, but you have to run shorter pushrods with it and figured the extra $100 would be better spent on a little better cam. Pully to 8-9psi.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

https://www.brutespeed.com/index.htm
Old 09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob's tuner kit that lets you add and remove things you do/don't need is probably a good place to start. You can add the race bypass for half the price of buying it new, remove the intercooler kit, and be set for ordering and making your own FMIC. I don't know what kind of pricing he offers for phone orders, but his website does say there is a big discount as they can only advertise so low per Procharger.

Don't forget that you also will need to upgrade your fuel system. If you know you plan on going for more power later, like 650 - 700+ you might as well buy a twin in tank pump kit now rather than doing the pumps twice. Also you'll need to upgrade the injectors, for now you don't need to worry about the lines.

For now with a mild 8 psi goal you can get away with the stock bracket that comes with the kit as long as you go with the 8 rib kit.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks guys! This is the kit they are talking about. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-D-1SC...F-Body-Kit.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

thank you all i will give bob a call
Old 09-17-2010, 06:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dwnshft82
thank you all i will give bob a call
Thanks, I appreciate it. If you left a message yesterday, I'll be calling you back today. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: ls1 procharger help