Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P0102 code after supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Default P0102 code after supercharger install

After chasing down a lot of small problems & gremlins, I'm finally down to a P0102 code that I simply cannot fix without some help.

Details:

Converted from an LS6 MAF to an LS3 cartridge MAF with the supercharger installation. At first this code was rather infrequent (maybe once per day while driving), and the check engine light never came on, but I could see the code keep coming back when I would scan it. Now however, it comes on no matter what, and the CEL on the dash comes on.

Symptons:
CEL light
Misses on light/mid throttle, but generally OK at WOT.

Stuff I've tried:
Since it seems to have gradually gotten worse, I feel like it's gotta be wiring. I used heat shrink connectors when I spliced in the LS3 MAF. The connections felt solid. I don't know what voltages to check on the wires... can someone help?

I'd like to check for an open circuit between the MAF and PCM, but I don't know the pinout on the computer.

New MAF = no change, same issue.

No fuses blown.

I have an aeroforce gauge, and I'm watching the MAF frequency... I see it drop down to 1300 HZ or something like that sometimes when at idle, or get off the gas quickly. Only for a second or so, then it jumps back to 1600-1800.

I can't find any leaks around the filter or anywhere.

My PCV setup is a T fitting for the passenger and drivers side valve cover vent tubes, going to the intake pipe after the MAF but before the throttle body.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

retune maf
Old 11-19-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Could you elaborate? It has been to the tuners and they put a patch for the 2 bar MAP. They didn't say anything about the MAF, but I told them I changed it from the ls6 to ls3. Is there a particular question I should ask?

Quick Reply: P0102 code after supercharger install