Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Piping Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Piping Kit

Folks, Just checking to see if anyone knows who sells piping that is pre cut with the right measurements and bends for a front mount intercooler for an F-body (2000 Trans-Am Ws-6). I have a D-1 and twin 4.5's and wanted to upgrade to a front mount. I just finished installing my AES 390 and wanted to plumb my setup before I moved to the fuel lines.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a company in Dallas that did. I can not remember who it was. I think STS has thier contact information. Give them a call and see what they say.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tirefire
Folks, Just checking to see if anyone knows who sells piping that is pre cut with the right measurements and bends for a front mount intercooler for an F-body (2000 Trans-Am Ws-6). I have a D-1 and twin 4.5's and wanted to upgrade to a front mount. I just finished installing my AES 390 and wanted to plumb my setup before I moved to the fuel lines.

Thanks,

Andy

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ProCharge...arts_c2546.htm

Andy, I sell the ProCharger front mount complete kit, as well as all the piping piece parts and rubber at the above link. If you want to see a copy of the installation instructions, send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com requesting them. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,

Andy
Not doubting bob at all with his kit cause I know its top knotch but why not go with the cx racing kit like most people do its not an exact fit but its not far off either. And its a lot lighter than mild steel tubing kit .
Old 06-01-2012, 07:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
Not doubting bob at all with his kit cause I know its top knotch but why not go with the cx racing kit like most people do its not an exact fit but its not far off either. And its a lot lighter than mild steel tubing kit .
Not a bad way to go if you're capable at doing a little fabricating. Back at the old shop we used the CX Racing 12 x 4 x 31 intercooler as part of our front mount intercooler kit. We had a local Fort Wayne business that makes exhaust tubing for some Fords trucks make the mandrel bent tubing we supplied with these kits. Aluminum tubing is indeed much lighter. One problem I have seen cropping up with the CX intercoolers is their quality control over in China must not be very good, as every now and then one of these intercoolers doesn't flow worth a crap. Bob

Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Not a bad way to go if you're capable at doing a little fabricating. Back at the old shop we used the CX Racing 12 x 4 x 31 intercooler as part of our front mount intercooler kit. We had a local Fort Wayne business that makes exhaust tubing for some Fords trucks make the mandrel bent tubing we supplied with these kits. Aluminum tubing is indeed much lighter. One problem I have seen cropping up with the CX intercoolers is their quality control over in China must not be very good, as every now and then one of these intercoolers doesn't flow worth a crap. Bob
Indeed I have read a few threads claiming bad flow on there cx intercoolers they where older but still. I have the big 33x12x4 ic if it flows horribly I will be picking up something else for sure..... Do Yall sell the ic from Ur fmic kit seperate bob if so Wat size is it and price? Sorry op not tryin to hijack lol
Old 06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Tanks Bob it sure sounds tempting.. I just might end up calling you for that set up. One other question whats the diffrence betweeen the enclosed ATI race valve and the open valve.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2012, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Tanks Bob it sure sounds tempting.. I just might end up calling you for that set up. One other question whats the diffrence betweeen the enclosed ATI race valve and the open valve.

Thanks
You're welcome, I owe you money back on the thermostat, don't let me forget that. The enclosed valve is designed to have the released air routed back into the tubing. The open valve releases the air to the atmosphere, which is normally what most people go with. Thanks Andy. Bob

Old 06-02-2012, 04:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
Indeed I have read a few threads claiming bad flow on there cx intercoolers they where older but still. I have the big 33x12x4 ic if it flows horribly I will be picking up something else for sure..... Do Yall sell the ic from Ur fmic kit seperate bob if so Wat size is it and price? Sorry op not tryin to hijack lol
Last year I had a customer (Brian K) who had this problem with his CX intercooler that he was using on his GTO. He bought a ProCharger intercooler through me and it solves his problems. I sell the ProCharger intercooler as well as piece parts for it at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ProCharge...arts_c2546.htm Thanks. Bob

Old 06-02-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Bob if is sell all the stuff that comes with my twins would the font mount kit have everything I need? And about the money dont worry about it, just take care of me next time I buy something.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Bob if is sell all the stuff that comes with my twins would the font mount kit have everything I need? And about the money dont worry about it, just take care of me next time I buy something.
Yes. it comes with everything except the race valve. I just e-mailed you a copy of the installation instructions. Will do on taking care of you the next time you buy something. Thanks Andy. Bob

Old 06-02-2012, 09:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Question

Do you have a new e-mail address? The one I have on file bounced back to me. Bob

Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

hey bob could i also get a copy of the installation instructions ill PM you my email thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UsmcAlston
hey bob could i also get a copy of the installation instructions ill PM you my email thanks
Thanks, I just sent them to you. Bob

Old 06-04-2012, 05:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Question

Hi Andy, did you get the instructions this time? Thanks. Bob

Quick Reply: Piping Kit