Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Typical turnaround on turbo purchase from Speedinc.com?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Typical turnaround on turbo purchase from Speedinc.com?

Just wondering how long it has taken for you guys that have purchased from Jim/Tom at Speedinc.com to get it.

I contract at two locations that are hundreds of miles apart and I've requested it to be shipped to one of them. Hoping I'll be at that location (Mon - Thur) when it arrives.

Thanks!
Dave
Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Just called SpeedInc.com and talked to Nick (Friendly and helpful guy) and he said my check cleared on Sat, the turbo was ordered (From Precision) today, so it should be shipped from Speedinc by next Monday. Perfect!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a turbo from them too. It will be about a 7-8 days with the hiolday for me. Mine should be here Friday.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet! What's your goal/application for this? Street/Strip or just Strip?
I have a new hotside coming as well so it should work out well. I ordered the 3.5" turbine outlet after hearing from a friend that the 3.00" can be less beneficial at above 600 rwhp. Were you already in the market for the 7675 or did you opt (as I did) for it because of the recent 'observations' thread Jim put out?

After reading the entire thread, I went out and looked at the turbine on my current Tc76 and throught, "you know, that is rather small to be pushing all that exhaust through...".

Looking forward to your and my posts after the 7675's are installed.

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
I just ordered a turbo from them too. It will be about a 7-8 days with the hiolday for me. Mine should be here Friday.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, im near speed and precision is only a quater state over from us and precision shipps fast on in stock turbos!

too bad it took them 2 months to get to get me a damn pair of paceshitter headers 2 years ago!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Hahaha.. yeah, I think I found that thread last night in a google search. Something about pacesetter going bankrupt and making it damned near impossible to get a set. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, all the other vendors will stay in business!

Originally Posted by ttranssam
yeah, im near speed and precision is only a quater state over from us and precision shipps fast on in stock turbos!

too bad it took them 2 months to get to get me a damn pair of paceshitter headers 2 years ago!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Sweet! What's your goal/application for this? Street/Strip or just Strip?
I have a new hotside coming as well so it should work out well. I ordered the 3.5" turbine outlet after hearing from a friend that the 3.00" can be less beneficial at above 600 rwhp. Were you already in the market for the 7675 or did you opt (as I did) for it because of the recent 'observations' thread Jim put out?

After reading the entire thread, I went out and looked at the turbine on my current Tc76 and throught, "you know, that is rather small to be pushing all that exhaust through...".

Looking forward to your and my posts after the 7675's are installed.
The thread Jim made help me make my decision. But I was looking at the 7675 before his thread also. I saw the difference in Numbers guys were
Making threw out the graph from the TC78 I was looking at.. Not to mention what they were picking up in there E.T's. My car is mostly a street car, but it will see the track a handful of times threw the year. I was hopping to have the car done in 2-3weeks but I was just laid off today for 5weeks so once I go back to work I'll finish up buying the lil things I need to finish it up.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Ouch! I hear you on the layoff, or as my shop calls it, a 'rolloff'. I guess that's supposed to make it sound 'softer'. Too bad I can't tell my bill collectors to 'rolloff' till I get 'rolled on' again. Lol...

Are you in I.T. ? That's my field.

Anyway, I hope things pick up again for you. Every year for the past 3, I've been rolled off for 1 to 3 months per year. I got my first paycheck from this most recent 'roll on' and ordered the 7675

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
The thread Jim made help me make my decision. But I was looking at the 7675 before his thread also. I saw the difference in Numbers guys were
Making threw out the graph from the TC78 I was looking at.. Not to mention what they were picking up in there E.T's. My car is mostly a street car, but it will see the track a handful of times threw the year. I was hopping to have the car done in 2-3weeks but I was just laid off today for 5weeks so once I go back to work I'll finish up buying the lil things I need to finish it up.

Quick Reply: Typical turnaround on turbo purchase from Speedinc.com?