Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for some Help choosing turbo cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some Help choosing turbo cam

Hey guys, just like the title says, I am trying to choose a cam for my turbo build, as right now I have it all apart and am not going to be using the old ms4 that is in it right now. Here are the specs on the car.

01 C5 Z06

Stock 346ci Bottom end
Precision race components 227cc heads, milled to 62cc chambers (11.0:1 Compression)
Fast 92/92 Intake setup
Hinson Motorsports single turbo kit Hot and Cold piping air to air intercooler
T70 with .96AR
B&B bullets, 6 speed car with stock 3.42 gear.
60lb injectors, Dual walbro 255lph pumps.

Compression ratio is a little bit on the high side, but I am probably going to run meth just as a little bit more insurance.

Now As for the cam, I have an MS4 that is in the car right now but it isnt exactly going to help me at all. I also have a 2001 ls6 stock cam. Id like to have a cam that can take advantage of the heads on the car. They flow very well with high lift and have dual titanium springs, as well as ti retainers.

I was thinking of running a custom grind cam 236/230 .615"/.625" on a 116lsa.

I've got hopes of making 650+whp running pretty low boost 6-8psi (please fill me in if those goals are a little unrealistic, i really dont know what to expect)

Any other suggestions would be great too, im always looking for opinions to help my setup!

Cheers!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

With that turbo and your set-up my LS1 Stage 1 Turbo cam would be perfect. For the size of the turbo you're running I like to keep overlap at 0 or less. That turbo will also run out of steam around 5600-5800rpm so grinding a cam that is going to make more power above 6000rpm would be pointless and only lose under the curve power to gain nothing up top as the turbine won't support the RPM.

I also doubt that you have Ti springs, the retainers are probably Ti though.

Quick Reply: Looking for some Help choosing turbo cam