Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MAF, Meth, Map sensor, BOV and SD ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 04:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAF, Meth, Map sensor, BOV and SD ??

Ok, im about order my charger piping for my twin turbo setup. Ive spoke with my tuner about what he likes to use as far as sensors and placement of things. His name is Mike Norris over at Norris Motorsports, im sure some of you have heard of him. I just want to get a second opinion on some things.

Goals - 1000rwhp, Street car.

1. He prefers using a MAF, he told me to purchase an LPE or TSP 100mm MAF and have at least 8" of tubing behind it and 4" in front of it for best stability. Opinions of this compared to a SD Tune.

2. He prefers using GM # 16040749 Map sensor, its the old brick style sensor. 3 bar. Opinions on this? Ive seen a lot of people using a ZR1 for a 3 bar.

3.He told me to put the BOV as far away as possible from the MAF, which i know, but, he said in front of it? To me, "in front of it" means between the TB and MAF, but i thought this was the wrong way. Maybe he meant the other way around, which would make more sense to me... Opinions..

4.Meth placement, he wanted the nozzles as close to the TB as possible.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1000rwhp with a MAF? Not sure about that one but he is the expert. He must be scaling the tune?

BOV must go before the MAF so the MAF isn't measuring air that's just getting dumped out the BOV. Nozzles should go after the MAF and before the IAT sensor. Here's a general order of things:

BOV > MAF > Nozzles > IAT > TB

I have my IAT sensor in the intake after the TB. Doesn't really matter as long as it's after the nozzles.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

I know very little about tuning so, what does "scaling the tune" mean?

Everything else you said is exactly how i thought it should go, but he made me second guess myself. How did you put ur IAT in the intake?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Bov before the intercooler, maf in front of the meth nozzles then the iat behind them.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

^^

I thought you dont wanna spray meth through the MAF, and want the IATs to read the cooled down air from the meth?

Quick Reply: MAF, Meth, Map sensor, BOV and SD ??