Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MY Real Street 275 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda wish I had done 5" down pipe all the way to the fenders and not necked it down into 4". I hope it doesn't bite me at a later date in terms of post turbine drive pressure.[/QUOTE]

You still can! Huron is about to start my kit! Send me yours and you can get your 5" DP
Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
You haven't rewired it yet though. I want to see pics of the wire job. That is an art in itself.
I won't be doing the wiring job. Jonathan my boss will be doing the wiring job while I help. Here is a old chevy truck he just re-wired to control a LT1 and a 4l60e then tuned it himself afterwards.

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
Looks like a great start! I actually have a bolt in burkhart chassis steering column with quick disconnect steering wheel sitting around, make you a good deal! The hub can be taken off the steering wheel if you want to use the D shaped wheel you already have. One thing also, that touch switch panel... will that be user friendly in a set of driving gloves?

The column.... been powder coated black.
Shoot me a price on the column. I talked to a few guys that have these panels and they didn't mention anything about having trouble operating the switch panel with gloves on strapped in the car. I'm hoping it's a solid piece.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slowlsx
I kinda wish I had done 5" down pipe all the way to the fenders and not necked it down into 4". I hope it doesn't bite me at a later date in terms of post turbine drive pressure.
You still can! Huron is about to start my kit! Send me yours and you can get your 5" DP [/QUOTE]

Haha, nah I can't do that. If we need to change it we will change it in house, but I think it will work good for some 5.30's maybe 5.20's.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
You still can! Huron is about to start my kit! Send me yours and you can get your 5" DP
Haha, nah I can't do that. If we need to change it we will change it in house, but I think it will work good for some 5.30's maybe 5.20's. [/QUOTE]

Yea I think you will be alright im sure, I think im going to do some bull horns for my tip, because street car lol!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

I hear ya man! The class I am going to be racing in doesn't really allow bull horns so I didn't ask Jon to fab them for me.

Then Matt went and threw a bullhorn on Dean's car and all hell broke loose! LOL! Not really, but some funny comments were made for sure.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Here's the start of the halo. Will be tacking it into place after the gas tank goes back in.

Here are the fittings we'll be using for all the fuel lines along with black braided fuel line. Feed line is a -10 return is a -8.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

That wiring looks clean, good look martin

I won't be doing the wiring job. Jonathan my boss will be doing the wiring job while I help. Here is a old chevy truck he just re-wired to control a LT1 and a 4l60e then tuned it himself afterwards.

Shoot me a price on the column. I talked to a few guys that have these panels and they didn't mention anything about having trouble operating the switch panel with gloves on strapped in the car. I'm hoping it's a solid piece.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by walledition
That wiring looks clean, good look martin
He does the best wiring I have ever seen personally. Those fuse panels in that picture were placed on the firewall under the dash along with the OBD-II interface port/connection. I'm delighted to have him doing the wiring as he can make it look better than I ever possibly could.

Like I said, the car is rough around the edges on the exterior and interior, but the fab work, wiring, motor work and install will be top notch.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Nice man thats gona be awesome to see some good footage of this thing again finally. THose cam only numbers are so inspiring

Last edited by NnOoSsSs; 08-21-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Randy's stuff is top notch, I have his 8 relay board and fuse panel in my car. Great customer service as well.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Who makes that relay panel and relay center?
Old 08-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by TDMKR496
http://www.leashelectronics.com/
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Nice man thats gona be awesome to see some good footage of this thing again finally. THose cam only numbers are so inspiring
Thanks man! It ran well cam only, but it was very light and had a very very large camshaft.
Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Randy's stuff is top notch, I have his 8 relay board and fuse panel in my car. Great customer service as well.
Yes it is, whenever we have a wiring project we always use his circuit boards and relay panels. Makes things very clean and neat.
Originally Posted by TDMKR496
As Shownomercy said, Leash Electronics does.

Ok guys we got the halo in and tacked into place along with the passenger side rocker bar. Hopefully Matt can get the other rocker bar tacked in, the a-pillar bars and then burn the welds in by the end of the week! 8.50 portion of the cage is moving along!

You guys can see the man with a plan in the last photo. The blur of a person is Matt our shop foreman. You'll be seeing more of him very soon!

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 08-22-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Time to remove that nitrous windshield banner in place of something else more suiting

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Haha, nah I can't do that. If we need to change it we will change it in house, but I think it will work good for some 5.30's maybe 5.20's.
If the dual 4" split DP results in ANY drive pressure issues for you, let me know and we will get you a dual 5" done, dual 4" won't pose any restrictions for you!

We did just finish up TSP Aaron's single 5" downpipe and the thing is simply gigantic, a pair of them would be a monstrosity in the engine bay

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Progress is looking great! That wiring is so clean.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great Martin keep it up! I like the fuel pump set up. Not sure if it was said but who makes that it looks like a great piece.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Superman09
Time to remove that nitrous windshield banner in place of something else more suiting
You mean a Tick windshield banner?

It's getting scraped off soon don't you worry. I still got plenty of back glass/hatch for you just chill out. LOL
Originally Posted by Superman09
If the dual 4" split DP results in ANY drive pressure issues for you, let me know and we will get you a dual 5" done, dual 4" won't pose any restrictions for you!

We did just finish up TSP Aaron's single 5" downpipe and the thing is simply gigantic, a pair of them would be a monstrosity in the engine bay
It will end up with dual 5's one day because it's either going to have twin S476R's hanging off the front end or a single 94mm GT55 ETR-HO billet wheel of straight nastiness on it lol.
Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
Progress is looking great! That wiring is so clean.
Thanks man! Trying to get as much done as possible as quick as possible!
Originally Posted by Camaro9969
Looks great Martin keep it up! I like the fuel pump set up. Not sure if it was said but who makes that it looks like a great piece.
If the mods think this is non sponsor they can remove it.

This is their 4th gen F-body in tank set-up with 300lph pumps pictured.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 AM
FormerVendor

Thought I'd post up some pictures of our fabrication equipment here at the shop.

Our portable bender

Brake and Shear

Band saw and belt sander

Tig welder and tig table

We also have a drill press that is not pictured. I'll take a picture of it later.

We can pretty much fabricate anything! We just ordered a back purge set-up for our tig welder.

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 08-22-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Subbed, who did the front end work? Like for rad mounting and all. Looks nice. Wish I had the money to get mine like this.

Quick Reply: MY Real Street 275 build