Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Blow Thru carb....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow Thru carb....

I have a 370 forged LS motor with TFS245 Tooley heads with Lil John cam and S476R cast turbo... Undecided on intake setup? Going to be trying some local 8.5 1/8th mile racing... Debating to try a blow thru setup or not? Any thoughts or experiences with them.. I need to make a decision.. Thanks...
Old 09-22-2013, 10:44 AM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine works good, CSU carb and hat, with an MSD 6010 for ignition, Vic jr intake.
Kevins carb tune was 98% bang on out of the box, I simply needed 2 jet sizes, amd a shooter change to get it where I want it.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started my blowthrough setup on a conventional sbc about 9 years ago. I used to post on the turboforums alot and documented my build there if you search for my screen name. Overall it served me well given the cost at the time....and I do stress time. Back then blowthrough carbs were far less expensive I paid less than $400 to have Kevin at CSU modify my holley 4150 carb. I was very wreckless with my tune and eventually burned my engine down. After a rebuild with a dart block I had Kevin modify my carb for E85 use after I added some PCI dual needle and seat fuel bowls. With little effort I was running consistent 9.50's and better with my 3600lb car. The main issues I had was consistency with the carb depending on weather. The biggest flaw I had was always having to roll onto the gas for it not to bog. Kevin was always very helpful and ALWAYS answered his phone whenever. I have no doubt that If I had tried harder I would have gotten it worked out. Despite the effectiveness of the carb I along with my friends who have tried it have all since gone to EFI due to consistency and well it's just flat out easy if you ask me. If you compare costs in 2013 between EFI and the carb the EFI is a great deal.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your carb needed bigger shooter's.
Mine has no driveability issues, runs and drives great.
The reason I chose blowthrough over EFI was initial cost, and my lack of experience with EFI . I have run carbs and tuned them for years, so I am very comfortable with tuning them. If I was familiar with tuning EFI, I would spend the extra and go that route , maybe in the future.
Go with what you are comfortable with.

Quick Reply: Blow Thru carb....