Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Buying a USED Procharger?? LQ4

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a USED Procharger?? LQ4

Im thinking about buying a used pro charger P1... Not too sure if I should. I can get the whole kit complete for 1800$ only issue is its higher mileage. around 35k from what the owner said. It looked pretty clean all the parts are there. But I have never bought a pro charger and don't really know what to look for...

An idea of what I want to accomplish-
LQ4 block
http://high-performance-engines.com/...duct_Code=HP93

I want to reach 650 hp. or over.

Can I use an LS3 manifold and still use a kit designed for a truck manifold? Do I need bigger injectors? (kit comes with 42lbs). Do I need different pulleys? What would be the most boost I can run safely here?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks
Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Generally you want to remove the volute and check the impeller for damage as well as the inside of the volute itself. Spin the blower by hand back and forth to check for slop in the drive gears (should spin freely with little resistance). If it's a self contained unit (likely) and the oil is still in it check to see if it's a nice light color and not burned up or overly nasty.

You should be able to run the LS3 intake with only minor changes to the pipes. As for the injectors they may require a spacer or wiring harness adapter to work correctly. I would recommend using the correct injector type for your application and upping them to 60 lb/hr or so.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's twin intercooler or 6 rib I'd look towards swapping it to a 8 rib.

Quick Reply: Buying a USED Procharger?? LQ4