Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Haltech with E85 and meth injection

I'm in process of updating my TTiX z06 with the following

haltech, flex fuel sensor, converting ecs alchy control over to the haltech ecm

dual wideband with 8 channel egt

3 inch champion downpipes, .82 exh turbo housing,

127 bosch injectors, (looking for advice on fuel system)

also considering a direct port alchy injection *with nozzles up front too

ECS did a really nice job on this

not too many folks have tuning and installation experience on this radical of a setup. looking to do the project soon.

trying to get 900 rwhp on "kill" with e85

and around 700 or so on pump fuel with alchy injection

maybe figure out a "stage 3" tune with the e85 & alchy injection (for increased detonation resistance)

should be an interesting project, and advice on tuners and experience with this installation appreciated
Old 01-16-2014, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

My buddy loved his Haltech PS2000 unit. With the "newer" fuel blending capabilities he had very little issue switching between E85 and pump. The only tuner in the NY area that I know of and is highly reputable in dealing with Haltech is Bill Rudtner....knows Haltech well but works mostly on Porsche's. Might be a good idea to give him a ring and ask him a few questions, hes very nice and willing to help.

http://www.pcarshops.com/new-york/rudtners-racing-group

Keep us posted on this, I would love to see your results and feedback.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isnt all that way over kill for 900whp. A stock computer on just e85 or pump and Meth would do that no problem. I could see if you want 1500 whp.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Isnt all that way over kill for 900whp. A stock computer on just e85 or pump and Meth would do that no problem. I could see if you want 1500 whp.
biggest reason I'm going with the Haltech is flex fuel and boost by speed and for the nice failsafes

really like the flexibility I'm pretty much already at the power goal, just looking to run E85 to hopefully gain some power and reliability

I like the idea of the injectors and the alchy injection being under the control of one computer too so I can use the wideband to help tune it all

but you are right, this is definitely overkill for the hp level

someday I would love to use this same technology on a full chassis car

900 horse is plenty for my street vette
Old 01-19-2014, 05:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

any more thoughts on experienced tuners with E85 on east coast (preferrably that have worked with TTiX and corvettes)

I'm interested in getting the car done in the next couple of months

thanks!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

TTT considering both ECS in NJ and RPM in Delaware

also like to hear any thoughts on an e85 fuel system upgrade

I'm running 127 bosch injectors from FIC and will be keeping my Alchy Control system from Julio but running the pump off the Haltech so everything can be controlled by a single ECM

where do you all buy E85 in NOVA? I think there is a station by the pentagon and a few up in Md.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

With E85 making sure everything in fuel system is compatible is important. If you want a hassle free setup go with PTFE lines and Stainless Steel fuel filters. Most guys I know run 2 fuel filters, a 100 Micron and a 40 Micron or less filter in series. Some guys have gotten away with not using PTFE lines without any issues and most of the time thats thanks to the synthetic lining of the fuel lines which sometimes consists of a large enough % of Teflon to be compatible with E85. Others havent been so lucky and have used lines without much or any Teflon composition and the E85 has degraded their lining. Below is a link which provides a compatibility chart for E85. BTW, issue with PTFE is that its typically 3-4 times more expensive when its all said and done then the generic/commonly used fuel lines.

http://iqlearningsystems.com/ethanol...patibility.pdf
Old 01-31-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

DSX Tuning makes a Flex Fuel kit for the factory PCM. Also, you can do boost by gear and I believe boost by speed with an eBoost 2.

Quick Reply: Haltech with E85 and meth injection