Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

01 Z28 Huron Speed Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driving with no sway bar seems the same to me so far. I've only got about 100 miles on it so far though. The last time I drove it was about a year go. I'm going to slap it back on just need to put a spacer on it. So far I love the kit! Very good quality from huron speed. I didn't use the supplied down pipe though. Haven't noticed any boost creep since I haven't really pounded it yet still waiting on the final tune just getting my 500 break in miles. I know an automatic would be better but the six speed is a blast to drive with boost! I'll have more feedback when I can lay on it some more.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 497 Likes on 384 Posts

Excellent. Glad to hear your enjoying the kit! Please keep me posted on what you come up with for the sway bar because I really want to keep mine too. It looks doable but I'm a ways off from that step so I'm very eager to see what your solution is! I bought and built the car for handling so I'm really struggling with not putting it back on lol. Also how's the front exit? Super loud? I love the look but my wife and kid will complain if the car is too loud but I love the look of the fender exit. Are you gonna post some dyno numbers as well?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that is clean! I would never have the patience to set everything up like that! Good work man!
Old 12-05-2014, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can make a pretty simple bracket to reuse your sway bar. I even have the big BMR sway and it still work great. If you want a pic I get one. Pretty much took soild round stock and had 3/8 holes run threw the center for the bolts. Then used 2 small pieces of flat stock for the base mounts. Works very well. I didn't drove the car without the sway bar so no help there.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
You can make a pretty simple bracket to reuse your sway bar. I even have the big BMR sway and it still work great. If you want a pic I get one. Pretty much took soild round stock and had 3/8 holes run threw the center for the bolts. Then used 2 small pieces of flat stock for the base mounts. Works very well. I didn't drove the car without the sway bar so no help there.
If you wouldn't mind i would much appreciate it if you throw some pics of the sway bar.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How do you make the stock fans push? Or are they still pulling?
Old 12-07-2014, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Default Sway bar

I'd love to see those pics too please!!!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The ******
I'd love to see those pics too please!!!
^^^^pics pics pics
Old 12-09-2014, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pics pics pics pics!!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

I've been driving the car quite a bit and it's not too loud. My wife's car is louder than mine lol. It's not as loud as a cam and heads car for sure. The turbo quiets it down enough to have normal conversations in the car. On the fans I just reversed polarity on the connections. Here's some updated pics of the build so far. Still needs a good detail inside and out.

Running SS wheels for now till I get the alignment done doesn't look as mean

Interior shot

I'm loving the bumper exhaust. I've had a pretty good response at the local cruise spots. Here's another shot still need the exhaust ring
Old 12-15-2014, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great job on the car, looks great.

Do you have any pics of the dp routing to the bumper exit? What size is that, 3.5" or 4" ? Are you running any kind of muffler or just a open DP? and sound clips at idle?
Old 12-17-2014, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMF_Racing
Great job on the car, looks great.

Do you have any pics of the dp routing to the bumper exit? What size is that, 3.5" or 4" ? Are you running any kind of muffler or just a open DP? and sound clips at idle?
Same here. Very interested in the bumper exit sound level.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hotz2801
If you need any more pics of the battery relocation let me know
Only things I really would like to know is what size wire you ran to everything from the distribution block. Also, where did you pick it up from?
Old 12-17-2014, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

What is the hoods specs?
Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

I only have a couple pics of the DP its 4inch no muffler not really loud. I'll try to get a video up.

Passenger coil pack location

Shot of the fuel filter and BMR torque arm

As far as wire gauge I just went to the parts store and bought 10 12 and 14 gauge matched up to factory wire really sucked
Old 12-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
Only things I really would like to know is what size wire you ran to everything from the distribution block. Also, where did you pick it up from?
Sorry I was thinking about the harness wires. The cable from the battery to the distribution block is 0 gauge. You can find it at jegs or summit racing.
On the hood specs it's just a VFN Sunoco wide hood it's about 4 inches tall I would say. Not too sure though.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hotz2801
Sorry I was thinking about the harness wires. The cable from the battery to the distribution block is 0 gauge. You can find it at jegs or summit racing.
On the hood specs it's just a VFN Sunoco wide hood it's about 4 inches tall I would say. Not too sure though.
Did you just run 1 gauge from the block yo everything else?
Old 12-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
Did you just run 1 gauge from the block yo everything else?
From the distribution block to everything else( starter, alternator, fuse block) is still stock wiring. Didn't need to lengthen them or shorten them.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

I was loving the white wheels and then saw the setup with the black wheels. Gorgeous car and great way to be resourceful with the stock fans. I'm assuming they push plenty of air for you since you haven't had any complaints about overheating. Good job on the build!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rouseyss
I was loving the white wheels and then saw the setup with the black wheels. Gorgeous car and great way to be resourceful with the stock fans. I'm assuming they push plenty of air for you since you haven't had any complaints about overheating. Good job on the build!
Thanks! I really miss the white wheels but moved on to bigger and better yeah the stock fans have been holding up so far with the iron block and no turbo blanket on so no complaints yet. It did get a little above 210 but it was idling for a while in traffic but nothing serious. I appreciate the compliments it's been a lot of work and waiting so far.

Quick Reply: 01 Z28 Huron Speed Build