Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any of you FI guys using the High Impendance 1000cc and above injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Any of you FI guys using the High Impendance 1000cc and above injectors?

I've had a devil of a time with my low impedance setup so I'm going to punt and get the high impedance injectors. According to their site, they've got a new design on the high volume hi-impedance injectors that eliminates the need for the low impedance boxes/injectors. Just want to see if you guys are hearing anything good/bad/ugly before I pull the trigger since they're not cheap ($1,000 ish...)

Yesterday, on my weekly drive to/from Rochester(249 miles each way), the car was running so sweet. I got into boost a couple of times but just getting on the freeway and when leaving the service centers on the tollway. I have the Tru-boost controller and it has a history function so I press that occasionally to see what boost I attained and try to take mental note of how aggressively she accelerated in relation to the posted boost number. I was mildly distracted on one occasion and, instead of pushing the 'boost history' button, I pressed the other one which toggles the 3 boost generalities of "Boost default A", "Boost default B" and "run on spring only". I had been running it on "Spring Only" since that gets me 15psi, but when I hit the toggle, it accidentally set it to "A". I glanced at it for a second and realized what I'd done but since I was already on the tollway, thought, "Ah... I'll change it later". So, an hour later, I pulled off at my exit, stopped at the stop sign and turned left to get on her with a 15psi (I thought) couple of gears. Good lord, I flew thru those two gears and I was grinning, having not remembered it was on the "A" setting. I pressed the history button. "Oh.. that's why" as the history was showing 21.5psi. Lol.. God I love this car....
Old 05-09-2014, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which ones are you looking at? I have been running the Bosch 160 hi-z and they seem fine, although others report issues. The new 127 Bosch look very nice, but it is not practical for me to switch at this stage.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running the FIC 2000cc injectors here on e85 with dual 450 walbros. Dc is at around 70% with afr around 11.0:1 and a 14gph meth nozzle running 23psi of boost. I have no regreat in running them. I love them, cars idle great, part throttle running is perfect. I wouldn't change them at all.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the response guys,

This is one set I'm looking at...

http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/ls1-ls6/IS301-1050HSP

This is the other...
http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/ls1-ls6/IS301-1100H
Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

2000cc? Wow I bet at full tilt, you can watch the gas gauge move. Sounds great though that you can use a high impedance driver with that size and get your driveability where you want it.

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Running the FIC 2000cc injectors here on e85 with dual 450 walbros. Dc is at around 70% with afr around 11.0:1 and a 14gph meth nozzle running 23psi of boost. I have no regreat in running them. I love them, cars idle great, part throttle running is perfect. I wouldn't change them at all.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
2000cc? Wow I bet at full tilt, you can watch the gas gauge move. Sounds great though that you can use a high impedance driver with that size and get your driveability where you want it.
Injector size has no effect on fuel mileage as long as they are scaled correctly. Now yes at 23psi of boost at 7000rpms its moving some fuel. This is what I am running.
http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...p?productid=13
Old 05-09-2014, 12:32 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm running ID1000s with no issues.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
I've had a devil of a time with my low impedance setup so I'm going to punt and get the high impedance injectors. According to their site, they've got a new design on the high volume hi-impedance injectors that eliminates the need for the low impedance boxes/injectors. Just want to see if you guys are hearing anything good/bad/ugly before I pull the trigger since they're not cheap ($1,000 ish...)

Yesterday, on my weekly drive to/from Rochester(249 miles each way), the car was running so sweet. I got into boost a couple of times but just getting on the freeway and when leaving the service centers on the tollway. I have the Tru-boost controller and it has a history function so I press that occasionally to see what boost I attained and try to take mental note of how aggressively she accelerated in relation to the posted boost number. I was mildly distracted on one occasion and, instead of pushing the 'boost history' button, I pressed the other one which toggles the 3 boost generalities of "Boost default A", "Boost default B" and "run on spring only". I had been running it on "Spring Only" since that gets me 15psi, but when I hit the toggle, it accidentally set it to "A". I glanced at it for a second and realized what I'd done but since I was already on the tollway, thought, "Ah... I'll change it later". So, an hour later, I pulled off at my exit, stopped at the stop sign and turned left to get on her with a 15psi (I thought) couple of gears. Good lord, I flew thru those two gears and I was grinning, having not remembered it was on the "A" setting. I pressed the history button. "Oh.. that's why" as the history was showing 21.5psi. Lol.. God I love this car....
If your signature is right, you only have 60# injectors right now. That car is still alive after 21.5 PSI from a PT76 with 60# injectors on pump!?!?! Bravo, lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Hahaha... yeah. I'm running a home brewed 2 bar Speed Density tune and it's getting to an AFR of 12.2 . Definitely more lean than I want. My original setup was ported stock heads (54cc chambers) and, with the pistons, gaskets I spec'd it to, I had 8.8 CR. With fully ported Trick Flows, the chambers are 61cc and as a result, it appears I can run a lot of PSI w/o grenading (so far). When I first put on this PT76 and a new WG(JGS), I didn't have it configured right and got on it too soon before evaluating where the gate would open. It spat off the charge pipe, sending it spinning in the road behind me. I gulped, then looked at the Tru-Boost History. Twenty four psi.... Truthfully, the motor has been like an anvil. I have an electric water pump that I hooked into the headlight relay but at first, I would occasionally forget to turn it on till the gauge went high. A couple of times it boiled the overflow bottle. I feared it would torch the rings but it didn't. I now have a piezo speaker hooked to a relay so that when the key is on, but the headlights off , the piezo sings. Turn on the headlights and the Piezo falls silent. That's prevented any subsequent oversights. Then, when the low impedance box went south, with the 95# injectors locked open, it went through 5 gallons of gas in the 12 miles it took to get home. I thought that would "wash out the rings" but it didn't. The car purrs all the way to Rochester and back, unless a pesky WRX, EVO, Turbo Neon crops up, then it goes into spank mode. Great fun, this car....

I called an ID1000 dealer at 4pm today. He said they are a shorter length than the stock designs. Are the Bosh 160's "Plug n Play" in that respect? Stock EV1 connector and stock length?
I'll try to look online and see.
Thanks again everyone for your input.

Originally Posted by 2005vetteTT
If your signature is right, you only have 60# injectors right now. That car is still alive after 21.5 PSI from a PT76 with 60# injectors on pump!?!?! Bravo, lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine were. Of course they are not on a stock intake, but it is stock length injectors. I can't imagine that they do not have a plug and play ID1000 injector for a LS1. But honestly I would go with the new Bosch 127's if you plan to play with E85. They are designed specifically to be compatible with alcohol.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the tip. Reading up on them now. Looks like a good fit so far.

Originally Posted by Sarg
Mine were. Of course they are not on a stock intake, but it is stock length injectors. I can't imagine that they do not have a plug and play ID1000 injector for a LS1. But honestly I would go with the new Bosch 127's if you plan to play with E85. They are designed specifically to be compatible with alcohol.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Pulled the trigger on these. Ordered from Texas Speed & Performance.
I'm sending both boxes back to Jeff at Acceleronics to have him have a look/repair them if needed. I'm still not convinced it is his boxes because the car ran great for over a year with the first box and it was only after a ground wire (to the friggin' LS1 coils of all things!) that things went haywire. I cannot fathom how THAT could trigger the injectors to lock wide open. I've checked everything I and others have suggested. It just is one of those things I guess. All I know for sure is, when the box is not in the circuit, life is beautiful. So till that issue reveals itself, I'm going back to high Impedance.

Thanks for the tip on these Bosch 127's Sarg.

Originally Posted by Sarg

Quick Reply: Any of you FI guys using the High Impendance 1000cc and above injectors?