Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1900hp 427 Lsx-Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy406
Watch the harmonic balancer when he lets off the throttle. Is it a camera trick or does it actually look like the balancer almost stops momentarily around the 3:59 mark. You just know there is some crank twisting going on between full power and then shut throttle. It's also impressive to see the tubing swell as it pressurizes.
If I had to guess, it's due to the frame rate of the camera. Anything that spins on camera can seem to stop or even turn backwards based on speed vs frame rate.

Wicked build OP! God help me if I run into this truck some day.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi Volume
No meth inj or even a n20 halo in front of the IC either! Not to mention that most utilize a a2w setup with 100s of HP less!!! Regaurdless, even it had all that, i would never suspect 1900HP in a truck on the streets. Even if i saw a a2w setup on it for that matter as well!! haha

siiiik build! Gonna make a lot of $$$ hustling people with that truck!
And that shows a great tuner in my eyes. You cant always have super low intake temps and these guys clearly know how to map around high intake temps and keep things safe.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still working on improving the truck overall, bigger intercooler & tires are next lol. The truck was never built for the track and its never been there.

Its my daily fun truck I drive it everywhere and almost always @ 750rwhp which is more than enough on the streets. Ive driven that truck from Portland OR to Indiana and then headed to TX2K13 and drove back to Indy.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:38 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by chuntington101
And that shows a great tuner in my eyes. You cant always have super low intake temps and these guys clearly know how to map around high intake temps and keep things safe.
Great build but the 2 second dyno pull doesn't give much time for intake temps to climb. Put it in a 4k lb truck and make a 9 second pass on the track and recheck the intake temps. Looks to be a ton of fun to drive on the street!!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy406
Watch the harmonic balancer when he lets off the throttle. Is it a camera trick or does it actually look like the balancer almost stops momentarily around the 3:59 mark. You just know there is some crank twisting going on between full power and then shut throttle. It's also impressive to see the tubing swell as it pressurizes.
If you watch the graph log later on in the video, he pretty much goes from redline 6500rpm+ to 800rpm in the matter of a second, so that may be the discrepency.

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Great build but the 2 second dyno pull doesn't give much time for intake temps to climb. Put it in a 4k lb truck and make a 9 second pass on the track and recheck the intake temps. Looks to be a ton of fun to drive on the street!!
I was thinking the exact same thing. Not to mention that it has to do a burnout, stage, get up on the boost, and then handle 9 full seconds of WOT. It definitely would ot be making 1900 flywheel horsepower on a track.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a very good point. The dyno run is pretty quick. Would be interesting to see longer pulls. Are the dunks used actually capable of holding these engines back? It would be interesting to see one of these engines go through a simulated 1 mile run (for example) on the engine dyno with the dyno pulling the Rome back down as it would in real life. Or maybe a nice slow 30 second pull.

My guess would be the clients send logs back or alter the tune as they make real passes.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Beast!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with 1900 hp it shouldn't take 9 seconds to get down track.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:24 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by samdogmx
with 1900 hp it shouldn't take 9 seconds to get down track.
Depends on the weight of the truck. Said it was a street truck. Wasn't the point really. The dyno can't simulate a 1/4 mile run on the engine. Weight , wind resistance. My car has made MANY dyno pulls!!! It's much different on the track.

Like I said it's a cool motor to put in a DD!!! It will be a blast.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Yeah it still won't take that much HP to run 9s. It takes about half that to make 4000 pounds break into the 9s. Unless his truck weighs 8500+ lbs and has 44 inch tires, I don't see it being an issue.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:47 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bottom line:
Morris built an TT lsx motor that made 1900 on his dyno.
That is awesome
It's going in a street truck
That is awesome
Will he be able to make/use 1900 fwhp in this truck.....maybe

With advancements in electronic wastegates and timing retards, he might be able to pin the gates shut at about the 1000' mark and run a 9.00 @ 253 mph. I don't know....I'm just being funny. But I'm gonna have a hard time believing that this thing will work if trying to apply all the power for the full 1320'. Both from a traction standpoint and a durability standpoint. But being a street truck.......it's not built solely for 1320'. I'm just rambling about.......ignore me. lol

Quick Reply: 1900hp 427 Lsx-Sleeper