Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

98 Camaro build thread. L33, GT45, Tick cam..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
IAT references 0-5 volts for temperature.
Thanks Martin.

Got to drive the car this past Saturday. Never really got into hard but I can tell it's going to be a fun car. Just when I got a taste, Trans started acting up. I won't go into the story to deep but when I was about to drop the pan, seen a connecter hanging. Can't seem to find where the hell it goes though.

Who can tell me where the 4 pin female connector goes on the passenger side tail of the transmission?? If I need to take a picture, I can but it's foolin' me.. 4l60
Old 05-30-2015, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
Who can tell me where the 4 pin female connector goes on the passenger side tail of the transmission?? If I need to take a picture, I can but it's foolin' me.. 4l60
Rear O2 sensor?
Old 05-30-2015, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1RAY
Rear O2 sensor?
Yup.

I made that post last night and it hit me once I went downstairs this morning. Still fighting this transmission issue. Changed both shift solenoid out today and it didn't fix the issue. Going to look into the repin a little more tomorrow and start checking for different electrical issues.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

X2 on cam sounding good! Which Tick cam is this, care to share the specs?
Old 06-06-2015, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jetn3
X2 on cam sounding good! Which Tick cam is this, care to share the specs?
I would share specs but it's an outlaw grudge car so can't..

213/218 .60x/.61x 113lsa. Can't remember the exact specs without looking at card.

Can anyone tell me if the Tial WG springs will work in the cheap Emusa? I'm needing to order new ones to help dial it in. For some reason my Emusa didn't dome with one..
Old 06-13-2015, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Couple updates...

Put my foot in it for the first time today. Boost Is unreal.. Wasn't logging the pull because something is wrong with my laptop but it felt unbelievable. Absolutely blew the tires off in 3rd from around a 45mph roll.

Now I'm having two issues:

First question is does anyone seem to have problems with blowing the couplings off? I've only hit positive boost twice and both times its blew the charge pipe off the turbo.. It's not really a big deal, I think I'm just being too tender when tightening them

Second issue us leaky power steering lines. When I say they are leaking, I mean pouring. I filled the resivoir up and within 2 miles it was completely dry. I can't find the thread on here that I used, but someone has a writeup on here that lists all the parts from Summit and that's the one I used. It uses AN fitting to the rack and stainless hose to the pump. It's been a problem since the first start up. I took the lines loose the first time and placed o rings in the elbows going to the fitting in the rack and it didn't fix it. Pulled it back loose thus morning, put Teflon tape on every fitting and o rings between the rack and the fittings and it continues to pour. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-21-2015, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the power steering issue finally fixed. Took the car out Friday night and blew the charge pipe off again. This time it was on 2 different spots, after intercooler on coupling and on the throttle body. Starting to wonder if my BOV is working correctly. Every time the car had made good boost, it's blown somewhere. Anyway of checking it's working properly? I hear it and it sounds perfect under light load, no flutter.

When it blew the other night, it took the iat sensor wiring with it and car immediately went crazy rich about a half mile down the road from my house. Limped it home, think it washed the cylinders. Smell gas in the oil pretty strong. Just goin to change oil and plugs and hope for the best.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone on checking BOV??
Old 06-23-2015, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My old '98 TA would do that. My BOV was way down on the charge pipe right after the intercooler outlet pipe. I think I changed the boost reference line to a direct line from the intake manifold and it helped the situation. It wasn't opening fast enough to keep up with the TB butterfly slamming shut when I'd get off the throttle. Maybe try a different reference point?
Old 06-29-2015, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Photochop
My old '98 TA would do that. My BOV was way down on the charge pipe right after the intercooler outlet pipe. I think I changed the boost reference line to a direct line from the intake manifold and it helped the situation. It wasn't opening fast enough to keep up with the TB butterfly slamming shut when I'd get off the throttle. Maybe try a different reference point?
Ya, guy that's been helping me told me to reference it to the bottom port on the drivers side TB. I'm going to give that a shot in a day or 2 and see what happens. Not much time with the new baby.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have my BOV right off of the turbo outlet and it is routed to the port beside the throttle body on the passenger side. Works like a charm. Also a GT45 here, 5.3L Ls6 cam. I start seeing positive pressure around 2700rpm and the BOV works mint. I use the Jodar 50mm (race parts solutions with the standard soft spring)

Jay
Attached Thumbnails 98 Camaro build thread. L33, GT45, Tick cam..-20150616_164456.jpg  
Old 07-01-2015, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like the BOV line had a T in it. What else you running on it?
Old 07-02-2015, 03:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

after the T is my innovate scg-1 4 bar map sensor.

Jay
Old 07-02-2015, 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jay_rich
after the T is my innovate scg-1 4 bar map sensor.

Jay
And did you mean the port behind, not beside, the tb? There is a port on the top of the tb on the passenger side that runs to the valve cover but I'm thinking your talking about the one on the actual intake? My WG is mounted to that same port on the driver side if so.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just an update. Car is running great. Has around 1000 hard miles out on it with no issues yet. I'm isually running around 12-13lbs but it has been up to around 18 a few times. Still blows my mind how strong this simple combo is. Took a buddy out the other day and from a 55 roll in 3 it was dancing all over the road till I let out at 90. Tune is pretty safe and showing no knock so I'll keep it where it's at.

Plans this winter is to clean up the engine bay with billet pieces. I've got my new fuel rails and just order an Aeromotive FPR. Anyone on here have theirs mounted directly to the rail?? I seen it done a couple months ago but can't seem to find the build thread where the guy had done it.

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro build thread. L33, GT45, Tick cam..