Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How to option my Holley Dominator???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LosLS2
If you want to run Auto meter gauges you either have to split the signal to the gauge and the ecu or you have to double up on sensors with the exception of the tach which has a dedicated output from the ECU.

Holley makes programmable digital gauges that run on a single wire from the ecu.

They also have the old touch screen LCD which can be used as a cluster or a handheld programmer and a newer design touchscreen that is intended to be used exclusively as as a dash with more custom options but it is not released yet.

Racepak is now compatible with a module but if you don't already have one, that's a very expensive route for a da

As for tablets, you can use them if they are running a full version of Windows 8. These tablets are usually designated as "pro" versions. This is effectively the same as using a laptop and give you 100% of the gui features but the "Dash" display mode is limited and not programmable. I've also heard that on the small ones that would actually fit in the dash it can be impossible to get the screen size right due to the native resolution of the screens.

Thanks I like simple and easy.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

Losls2 I'll get ahold of you after I get everything wired. Waiting on my switch panel and relay panel from Race Wire Solutions. He does awesome work but is backlogged.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike13
Thanks I like simple and easy.
The gauges are very cool IMO and very easy to wire (they all go to the same power, ground and signal from ECU) but they can be infuriating to program as they have like 9 parameters each and you only have 2 buttons to navigate the setup. All scrolling menus, so if you pass your choice, you gotta go all the way around again. LOL
Old 10-19-2014, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The gauges are very cool IMO and very easy to wire (they all go to the same power, ground and signal from ECU) but they can be infuriating to program as they have like 9 parameters each and you only have 2 buttons to navigate the setup. All scrolling menus, so if you pass your choice, you gotta go all the way around again. LOL
any word on a release date for the new holley touch screen or cost?
Old 10-19-2014, 04:20 PM
8 Second Club

If you want to run Auto meter gauges you either have to split the signal to the gauge and the ecu or you have to double up on sensors with the exception of the tach which has a dedicated output from the ECU.

Holley makes programmable digital gauges that run on a single wire from the ecu.

They also have the old touch screen LCD which can be used as a cluster or a handheld programmer and a newer design touchscreen that is intended to be used exclusively as as a dash with more custom options but it is not released yet.

Racepak is now compatible with a module but if you don't already have one, that's a very expensive route for a dash.

As for tablets, you can use them if they are running a full version of Windows 8. These tablets are usually designated as "pro" versions. This is effectively the same as using a laptop and give you 100% of the gui features but the "Dash" display mode is limited and not programmable. I've also heard that on the small ones that would actually fit in the dash it can be impossible to get the screen size right due to the native resolution of the screens.
can the holly boost controler controll co2 waste gates
Old 10-19-2014, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
can the holly boost controler controll co2 waste gates
Yes it does
Old 10-19-2014, 07:03 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Yes it does
confirmed my purchase
Old 10-19-2014, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by miller456
any word on a release date for the new holley touch screen or cost?
This ^

Quick Reply: How to option my Holley Dominator???