Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Make sure im wiring these derale 16925 pushers correct... pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Make sure im wiring these derale 16925 pushers correct... pics

I want these fans to operate like the stock ones do,,, does this sound right...

Both RED + from relays to + on battery
Both BLACK - from relays to Chassis Ground or Do i use the Neg Side of factory wiring to stock fans?????
Both ORANGE to + positive on Fan's
Grounds from fans to Chassis Ground
YELLOW from relays to + side of factory fan plugs to trigger fans on.

confused about the ground on the relays should i chassis ground them or hook to factory fan plug??

also the wires at the factory fan plug which are the pos + and neg -??

sorry about the long winded post... I really suck at wiring.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Just put 2 10" spal pushers in and they are grounded to the chassis but I'm sure You could use the ground from the harness. Idk if the ground on the harness has a high enough current to ground the higher powered fans(I could be wrong though) . I would ground to the chassis,
Old 10-31-2014, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

I forget which wire but you only use 1 to trigger them on
Old 10-31-2014, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Both grounds go to chassis. Just use the signal wire from the PCM. Also, do not use their supplied relays or fuse holder. Both of my fuse holders literally melted and im so surprised there wasnt a fire. This has happened to A LOT of people. They pull 40 amps each when running. The stock alternator at is rated at 105 amps. The fans are great but they seriously work the charging system without an upgraded alternator. I swapped over to a truck alternator and things are much better now, on the stock one, my lights were always dim and it actually messed with the way my car ran since the voltage to the injectors was all jacked up. Go to electrical depot.com and order 40amp fuse holders at the very least, but you might as well put better relays in too.

Last edited by Ryans99ls1; 10-31-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Both grounds go to chassis. Just use the signal wire from the PCM. Also, do not use their supplied relays or fuse holder. Both of my fuse holders literally melted and im so surprised there wasnt a fire. This has happened to A LOT of people. They pull 40 amps each when running. The stock alternator at is rated at 105 amps. The fans are great but they seriously work the charging system without an upgraded alternator. I swapped over to a truck alternator and things are much better now, on the stock one, my lights were always dim and it actually messed with the way my car ran since the voltage to the injectors was all jacked up. Go to electrical depot.com and order 40amp fuse holders at the very least, but you might as well put better relays in too.
What he said.. they have melted on ppl. This is why I went with spal. . There 25 amp each and keep my boosted ls2 plenty cool where the stock ones had no chance to cool it.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Ok guys,,, Gonna put a 145amp truck alternator in and 40amp fuse with 8gauge wire to it...

Here are the relays do you think they will be ok??

Old 11-01-2014, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

I'm using the stick ls2 alternator and a yellow top battery no problems, I would just make sure you have the correct relays and a strong Battery like the optima.. in a perfect world the relays should be all you need

Last edited by ws6turbo; 11-01-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Also jw what alt you running now? I know I wouldn't want a huge cased alternator under my hood, if you want a higher amp alt, get yours built up... back in my car stereo days I used finicky electricity in Madison wi to build up my existing alternator. .. back 5 years ago it was around 100 I'm sure by now it's 150ish, ,, they don't charge to much because they realize you can always buy a new alternator
Old 11-01-2014, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

I'm bout to have mine beefed up and a ls1 pulley with lip (I keep throwing my belt off under high rpm) dam ls2 pulley with no lip... wtf
Old 11-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
Also jw what alt you running now? I know I wouldn't want a huge cased alternator under my hood, if you want a higher amp alt, get yours built up... back in my car stereo days I used finicky electricity in Madison wi to build up my existing alternator. .. back 5 years ago it was around 100 I'm sure by now it's 150ish, ,, they don't charge to much because they realize you can always buy a new alternator
ive just got the stock 105amp alt in car right now,,, I have a salvage yard close i can get a 145amp alt for 50$ so i thought good to upgrade and sell the stocker...

with the trigger wires im gonna tap in the factory plugs for the fan trigger, is the pos + the blue and the white on the stock fan plugs??? do i have to ground the - neg side of the stock plugs or jsut leave open?? pic below..

I hate being so stupid at wiring,,, i think i overthink it alot.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

No the only wire you use from the harness is the trigger, only ground is the one to the chassis,.. I'm not sure what one is the positive on your car I have a 06 wit harness..
Old 11-03-2014, 03:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe on the factory setup the computer supplies the ground to the fans to kick them on, so you'd need to hook up the ground wire to the factory fan harness or the under hood relay.
I attempted at getting my fans to kick on like the factory fans using the trigger wire but was unsuccessful. It wasn't until afterwards I thought of using the ground instead.
I x2 on the new relays/fuse holders/fuses. Mine melted up on me.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 88blackiroc
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe on the factory setup the computer supplies the ground to the fans to kick them on, so you'd need to hook up the ground wire to the factory fan harness or the under hood relay.
I attempted at getting my fans to kick on like the factory fans using the trigger wire but was unsuccessful. It wasn't until afterwards I thought of using the ground instead.
I x2 on the new relays/fuse holders/fuses. Mine melted up on me.
No ground wire triggers anything on it just grounds the relay( hence the word ground)that's what the signal wire is for. I think if you tried to ground your relays via chassis and it didn't than you weren't getting a good connection. Hooking the factory ground or power is defeating the whole purpose of a relay lol, the whole point is to use bigger relay and wires so you don't start a fire
Old 11-03-2014, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

^^^ a ground is a ground, just should be the same size wire as the power.

Quick Reply: Make sure im wiring these derale 16925 pushers correct... pics