Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What size oil drain bung

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for late posting but have been working a lot, the oil pan is going off to the fab shop in next few days, this is were I am thinking about mounting my drain.btw it is a -10.....is this a good spot for it or should I look else were?...
Attached Thumbnails What size oil drain bung-oil-drain.jpg  
Old 02-23-2015, 06:08 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecatfish
sorry for late posting but have been working a lot, the oil pan is going off to the fab shop in next few days, this is were I am thinking about mounting my drain.btw it is a -10.....is this a good spot for it or should I look else were?...
That will work. If it where mine I'd probably move it closer to the front of the pan though.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

I welded an aluminum -10 into my pan. I found the perfect location as close to the front as possible. I put the motor into the car and found out the hard way that the bung was right up against the sub frame with no way to mount a fitting. I took it back out and cut the -10 down and capped it off. I went back a bank in the pan and this time decided to switch to -12. The difference between the 2 in my opinion was a lot just looking at them. The -12 is a lot closer to the size of the factory Turbo Regal Oil return. I'm definitely happy that whole thing happened and I got the chance to switch to the -12.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Teching In

I was going to put it further forward on the pan but it has casting braces inside on the pan and I do not want to weaken those in any way....this is also going into a 98-02 fbody so I am not sure what type of clearance I have going more forward with the drain fitting..I am building this car from a roller so I was unable to get measurements. I seen a few welded in the location I had pictured just wanted to make sure that this isn't a bad spot to have it welded In at.. I appreciate all the input guys

Quick Reply: What size oil drain bung