Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hummer H2, turbo, procharger or blower?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hummer H2, turbo, procharger or blower?

Hello all,

I've been lurking around this board for a while but can't seem to answer my questions.

I have a 2005 H2. I drive mostly on the highway, an occasional mountain trip and pull a 10,000 lb boat a few times a year. This truck lives at or below 2000 RPM's most of the time.

I am old school and always just planned on a stroked LS motor in the future.

Now am I curious about boosting this motor. I have no delusions of going fast but it would be nice if I had some extra power on tap while cruises down the highway or up a mountain.

My gut is telling me that my best solution would be a factory type blower however, I can not see why a pro charger type blower would not work equally as well. I also really love the power offered by a turbo but can not figure out in my head what to do to keep the turbo at vacuum at highway speeds. It would be nice to keep up with my old mans F250 turbo diesel when running up North.

So I'm reaching out for some advice. I want something that I can more or less set and forget, other than routine maintenance. I've got 100K plus on this engine and have had zero issues and look forward to the next 100K if possible. I'm aware of the transmission issues and that has been addressed. I'm looking for pro's and cons of each and recommendations on products and fuel systems if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help. I don't really have a budget in mind, I assume I could do any of the 3 for under $10k Easy.

Tim
Old 01-05-2015, 05:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Normally, you're not going to get any boost out of a ProCharger until 2500-2800 rpm, when it comes in depends on how much boost you want it to make at redline, and which blower you are using. This could be to your benefit if you don't want to use anymore fuel until you're up higher in the rpm range, it depends on where you want to feel the added power. If you want to feel the blower coming in sooner, then I would go with a positive displacement blower or a turbo. If you are interested in a ProCharger, give me a call for pricing. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twins will make it really agile
Old 01-05-2015, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TVS or Whipple blower gets my vote for that vehicle and towing.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2, turbo, procharger or blower?