Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

X02 BOV Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default X02 BOV Leaking

I have a brand new X02 bov that is leaking. It will not hold vacuum at all. I sprayed windex around it and put low regulated pressure into it and bubbles were coming out of the two halves. I took it apart and it looks good to me accept it relies on the side diaphragm tension to seal?
Attached Thumbnails X02 BOV Leaking-securedownload-16-.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Modchevelle
I have a brand new X02 bov that is leaking. It will not hold vacuum at all. I sprayed windex around it and put low regulated pressure into it and bubbles were coming out of the two halves. I took it apart and it looks good to me accept it relies on the side diaphragm tension to seal?
I seem to remember putting air to the bottom port and it leaked out through the valve. Top was OK, guess that's all that really matters.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Launching!

If it doent open with a vacuum pump how is it going to work? My son's real Tial holds vacuum and opens also. School me
Old 01-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Has anyone have this problem before? Unfortunately I bought them from a guy in the LS1 classifieds in new condition and they are from VSracing. Nothing to do with VS but I think it should at least made it out of the box before it was no good. Maybe someone has experience since im a newbie at turbo stuff. Can you put a Tial diaphragm in it and will that cure it or just go Tial?

Quick Reply: X02 BOV Leaking