Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P600B Procharger on LSx has it ever been done?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default P600B Procharger on LSx has it ever been done?

I've searched the forums for the last hour on this topic, I found a lot of things about how much of a pain it is to do and needed to make custom brackets. I couldn't pass up on this deal, literally a once in the life time deal and I'd really like to make it work, It's a complete kit with everything needed for an LT1. I would be able to custom make brackets and have no problem tapping into the pan to run oil lines. I would like to see if it's possible. Oh yeah it would help if I told you the car, it's a 2000 Camaro. a/c deleted and battery relocated so I do have some more room. I will be doing the install this winter as well as lowering compression. Just wanna get all the knowledge I can as well as the required parts. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:36 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

If it was that good of a deal, I'll flip it and use the profit to pay for something that actually fits.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with joe.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I built one on a swap. But it was on a 3rd Gen Camaro swap with a manual gear box. No power steering. With a lt1 corvette head unit. With the blower inlet pointed forward w a 6 rib pulley n stock truck pulley n custom accessories brackets and blower brackets I made. The p600b only has a basic 4bolt pattern.
Prolly gonna have alot more obstacles on a 4th gen
Old 08-04-2015, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I'm going to try and tackle it I have all the necessary tools to make a custom bracket for it and have a big enough garage to do the work in a timely manner. Would you happen to have a picture of the p600b on your 3rd Gen just so I can get an idea of how you hooked it up?
Old 08-04-2015, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put the bracket on the spot where the PS pump usually goes. Driver side cylinder head holes are what I used for the mounting of the bracket.
Was really easy and fit great. The truck offset gave me alot of room to align the pulleys.made the bracket of 6061 .5 plate. It never flexed from what I could tell. Made a mechanical tensioner and used a spring loaded tensioner also. I could crank down on the belt w the manual tensioner and the spring loaded one took up the slack w the rpm.
I had pics on my other laptop and all the info. Truck got broken into and stole my laptop.
I'm just going off what I remember I did. I've never been great at documenting stuff. I just do and build stuff and I keep it in my memory. I will forget to write it down.

Quick Reply: P600B Procharger on LSx has it ever been done?