Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about rail plumbing for return conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Question about rail plumbing for return conversion

I'm curious about everyones opinions on plumbing the return rails. My particular application is a 2005 Silverado which I am turbo'ing and will be running E85 and ID1000's. I've read that I can Y and run two individual hoses to the back of the rails then run each rail to the regulator (preferred way). But that is a plumbing headache

What will be much easier is if I run the -8 feed to the rear of the driver's side rail, then run the passenger side rail to the regulator and cap the 2nd port on the regulator (and obviously run a crossover at the front of the rail).

Anyone have an opinion either way?

"Preferred way"

My way (top):

Old 11-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I run a dead head system on mine with no issues. Depends on how picky you want to be I guess.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The "preferred" way is by far the best and will be what you want to do if running E85 as the requirements for volume go way up.

"your" way will be acceptable, but as you grow with power needs and fuel requirements the dual feed/return is the only way to fly.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Not sure how much power you're planning in making, but I know there are a few out there that run a dead head type system and make quite a bit (800 rwhp) through a 6an or 8an feed. That's roughly 1,000 hp at the crank. Here's how I plan to run mine unless there are issues, then I'll change it up.

I flipped the rails around to keep the regulator off the firewall and now the inlet is facing forward.

Quick Reply: Question about rail plumbing for return conversion