Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost leash

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost leash

I'm going to be ordering a boost controller here soon and was looking into the boost leash setups. My car is a manual so i was looking at the boost by gear version, does anyone have some experience with it? Is it street friendly for daily driving, or would it better to shut it off and run on the normal wastegate spring for that?
Old 11-24-2015, 06:14 AM
Teching In

Default I have a great boost by gear

Check out the sirHC Labs Cortex EBC (google it). It is ideal for a manual. It uses the engine RPM and output shaft VSS to determine what gear you are in. Then it can vary the boost by rpm and throttle position in each gear. Varying it by throttle position helps a lot with drivability. I've been using one for the past few months and really like it. It looks like they are on sale right now too...$300

Last edited by mfor1000; 11-24-2015 at 06:18 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by mfor1000
Check out the sirHC Labs Cortex EBC (google it). It is ideal for a manual. It uses the engine RPM and output shaft VSS to determine what gear you are in. Then it can vary the boost by rpm and throttle position in each gear. Varying it by throttle position helps a lot with drivability. I've been using one for the past few months and really like it. It looks like they are on sale right now too...$300
For the money that certainly sounds great.

For a lot more money this will do it too, and many other options.

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/p...ontroller.html

Just be aware that a lot of those claiming boost by gear, do not offer true boost by gear, eg Leash. They operate on a sequential basis via a clutch switch, so the gear aspect only works from a standing start.

Any controller that monitors rpm/wheelspeed and determines actual gear from that, or via switches on the stick will be much better.

Or simply reverting to boost vs road speed which is a simpler option. Each has good points and bad so up to the user what they think will work best for them.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Which of these would be most friendly for street use then? I'm not set on any single controller so I'm open to different options, I'm going to look into the two that were recommended as well
Old 11-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Either should be very street friendly since they can both do boost by gear and throttle.

Quick Reply: Boost leash