Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

S10 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 PM
vht
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default S10 turbo

Has anyone put a LS turbo S10 together? I have a 99 ext cab, doing rear frame work now. Do they make a forward facing header for it, or would it be better to go with a log type manifold? The left side is going to be the problem it looks like, with the steering column right there. I might gain some room with a couple of U joints and a D shaft.

Has anyone on here built one? I need advice on what manifolds or what ever will clear the steering shaft, I can do a couple universals and a D shaft to gain a little. I thought about logs. I need to get the rear frame done so I can trial fit the engine, but I can tell it's going to be real close.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's plenty of post on here, seems to be the driver side can be a task im boosting my 1st gen s10 n driver side might just rig a truck manifold to work on there. btw the ebay headers for 150 forward facing might be the way to go very tight fitment but wit little work should fit.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Lots of ppl do this swap I built my whole truck just off the information this site already had posted I didn't need to ask questions until the tuning came around but use the Google search its the best way I used log manifold with a crossover I built I did all my own fab work and the information on here made me aware of things to do before I attempted the install like crossmember clearence steering clearance manual brake conversion 8.8 rear end swap how to even built my own harness of the links ppl had posted up

Old 03-18-2016, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted mine under the cab off of stainless works longtubes 1 7/8 LS swap headers for an s-10. Headers are designed around the steering shaft. With them mounted low I have to run a scavenge pump back to the pan. Intake pipe took a little work also.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 446 Likes on 338 Posts

there are no premade headers that fit that i am aware of.
you need to build them or modify exhaust manifolds.
I have built two turbo s10s. one was a single turbo i built manifolds and everything from sch10 stainless, the other i repurposed a set of 2010 camaro manifolds into a twin kit.

edit: i forgot, the 2010 camaro kit was for my full size. the s10 twin kit i built from scratch with sch10 stainless the same i did the single kit.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Same here, built three sets for the twin setup before building the log style. Passenger will have some play room but the driver side with the stock steering column makes a very tight fit for cylinder 7. Have seen where a few guys have used the joints to jog it down some to get out of the way but on mine it would have made the downpipe from the turbo much harder to fit.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

I am doing the same thing with my 97 S10. I am still trying to figure out if its going to be under the hood or just bed mount it. I am leaning towards the bed mount and just using my shorty headers I have now. But I am interested to see what comes up in this topic. The right setup might change my mind. I have a set of truck manifolds that I could build but I don't want the added weight of them.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Also the last plug wire on drivers side may need to be custom (depending on mounts, position of motor).

Quick Reply: S10 turbo