0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

FI Help .... I need help choosing

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI Help .... I need help choosing

So I have a 66 biscayne that I plan to do an Ls swap in a few years but I'm trying to do my research now. Right now I have a 383 N/A with a big choppy cam. When I build my LS I'm looking for something that is gonna make some good power (600-650 rwhp) but also be reliable. And I know people say big power and reliability don't go together but believe you can find a happy medium. I am not some rich guy with tons of money so Im kinda on a budget. Here are the options :

1. Pro Charger
Ive done a lot of research on them and they seem very nice and I love the sound. But I'm still a little weary of them

2. Twin Turbo
Buddy of mine has a twin turbo 5.3 that is wicked. The only thing I don't like is its too quiet. Im afraid if I go this route that I will have to sacrifice any chances of having a cam with some rumble.

3. Single turbo
Dont know too much about running single turbos but....

4. N/A
All I've ever had was N/A and to make big power its gonna be radical on springs internals........

What are your thoughts? Can I have turbos with a choppy cam? Should I just stay N/A
Old 05-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

If you want big noise, just go with a procharger.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

The above makes sense. Plus even though not ideal, you could retain a choppy cam with the blower without any worries.

big cams and turbos rarely work well together unless it's an out and out race car...and even then, small cams can go equally fast a lot of the time and drive better.

Whether Procharger, Vortech, Paxton, up to whoever does the best kit for your application.

Quick Reply: FI Help .... I need help choosing