Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone in here running F1a-94?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm sorry, it doesn't sound right to me... when in doubt, check it out.

I'd get someone at Procharger on the phone, and let them take a listen, or send them that video.
That's exactly what I did thanks. I agree, doesn't hurt to ask.

They wouldn't say anything either way as in "that's definitely normal"or not. They asked me to put the pulley on it and spin it again from the pulley. Like I said, I just thought it was so noticeable and wanted to be sure.

Last edited by Troy; 07-21-2016 at 01:58 PM. Reason: too much typing
Old 07-21-2016, 02:07 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd ask them to record the conversation, and send you a transcript, so that just in case it goes south, you have documentation that you brought this to their attention prior to even running it.

Sorry, that's the scientist in me that gets audited constantly. We have a saying, if it's not documented, it didn't happen. So document EVERYTHING.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd ask them to record the conversation, and send you a transcript, so that just in case it goes south, you have documentation that you brought this to their attention prior to even running it.

Sorry, that's the scientist in me that gets audited constantly. We have a saying, if it's not documented, it didn't happen. So document EVERYTHING.
If Troy has a problem with it when he gets the car running, it won't be a problem as ProCharger will take care of it, as Troy is using a serpentine belt on it. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-22-2016, 04:56 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
If Troy has a problem with it when he gets the car running, it won't be a problem as ProCharger will take care of it, as Troy is using a serpentine belt on it. Bob
That's great to know. I'm sure you would do whatever you could as well to help him if something were to happen. -Thanks Bob.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

That's great to know. I'm sure you would do whatever you could as well to help him if something were to happen. -Thanks Bob.
You're welcome, thanks. Bob

Old 07-22-2016, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have no idea if that is OK or not and we know the F series are way louder but that is also a lot louder than I would have expected. Maybe just needs oil and load on it?

for reference I always thought this was an interesting video

Old 07-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Launching!

also nice to see the inlet on the f194a is sharper, I never understood why the inlet on the D1 was so rounded on the edge. just seems clearly not the best way to do it.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:03 PM
9 Second Club

ATI asked me to do this again with the pulley installed. See attached.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Launching!

I'm surprised the 94a doesn't have the little Bullet pointy shape thing on the front of the impeller bolt hole like an f1x does. I'm sure tiny difference but would be super cheap to add so I'm surprised they don't do this on a $3,500 blower? dissappointing
Old 07-22-2016, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neverstop
I'm surprised the 94a doesn't have the little Bullet pointy shape thing on the front of the impeller bolt hole like an f1x does. I'm sure tiny difference but would be super cheap to add so I'm surprised they don't do this on a $3,500 blower? dissappointing
Haha, so you're complaining about the price of the blower. But then you're complaining that it didn't come with a non-functional component that would add even more to the cost?
Old 07-23-2016, 07:06 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I still don't like that sound, it sounds like something is rubbing under the cover. I'd pull the cover and see if there are any witness marks to rubbing.

How does it 'feel' when you turn it slowly by hand? Does it feel like there is some higher resistance at certain spots?

I may be overreacting, but I'd hate to see you have issues down the road.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:42 AM
9 Second Club

I'm kinda done with the sound thing. ATI won't say if its fine or not so I"ll just have to hope that this kind of documents it and bank on Bob's help.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:49 AM
9 Second Club

Just an FYI for others looking to do this upgrade, despite what I was told by ATI twice and another trusted source, without modification, this does NOT fit a 4th gen if you are upgrading from a D1 kit. Rad support needs to be moved which is what I purposely asked before purchasing and was told "no". Was the biggest blower I could install without modifying.. oh well. Left a voicemail
Old 07-23-2016, 10:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy
Just an FYI for others looking to do this upgrade, despite what I was told by ATI twice and another trusted source, without modification, this does NOT fit a 4th gen if you are upgrading from a D1 kit. Rad support needs to be moved which is what I purposely asked before purchasing and was told "no". Was the biggest blower I could install without modifying.. oh well. Left a voicemail
I assume ATI and your other source neglected to mention the 94 having a 4" inlet and that you'll have no room for the required fabricated air intake you'll have to make without moving the radiator forward?
Old 07-24-2016, 05:52 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Well, I had to notch part of my lower radiator support to fit the inlet on my F1-a, so I'm not surprised the -94 doesn't just fit right in. Maybe they meant that it bolted right up, and the pulley lined up with not having to change anything.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:54 AM
9 Second Club

Well, when you specifically ask if you have to move the radiator and are told by Bob, no, then I'm not sure how that can be misinterpreted. I left Bob a message and will go from there.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Troy
Well, when you specifically ask if you have to move the radiator and are told by Bob, no, then I'm not sure how that can be misinterpreted. I left Bob a message and will go from there.
Hi Troy, I was out of town and just catching up here. The F-1A-94 will fit right in place of the D-1SC and the F-1A. Yes it has a 4.0" inlet so you'll have to make your own air inlet. If I failed to mention this to you and you want to return your head unit, just let me know, not a problem. Thanks Troy. Bob

Old 07-24-2016, 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well, I had to notch part of my lower radiator support to fit the inlet on my F1-a, so I'm not surprised the -94 doesn't just fit right in. Maybe they meant that it bolted right up, and the pulley lined up with not having to change anything.

That is surprising that you had to notch your radiator support, but then again, you can install these kits on five different F Body's and you'll find no two are exactly built alike due to production tolerances. Bob

Old 07-24-2016, 08:53 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Let me clarify. In that pic, I in fact thought I needed to notch the rad support but as you see, the inlet actually hit the radiator fan shroud, which I had to cut a hole in so it didn't rub.

It did not interfere with the rad support.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Launching!

not sure how clearances are on F bodies but you can also buy a BLOX 4" velocity stack and then AFE makes custom air filters so it is possible you can just get that setup pretty cheaply without having to use an intake elbow? the blox stack fit right on front of my D1 and AFE make some pretty short filters. maybe worth looking into.

Quick Reply: Anyone in here running F1a-94?