Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 10:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
I'm glad you're up and running, I only want to correct your claim on torque as your peak may be the same but area under the curve on both hp/tq are down a lot. Look at the numbers near the end of the run to see the difference and that's the RPM you're racing at. The China junk is clearly out matched. Whether it's $1k outmatched is up to you. If I had a built motor turbo car, which I do, and I only made that hp on full kill I'd be pretty pissed.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Very nice, thanks for doing this!

Good results, what kinda timing do you have in it?
No problem, someone has to be the guinea pig right? Right now, only 14 degrees. That will change soon.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LILHEMI
If the tuneup was "full tilt"......maybe then I would be pissed. With that said, I'm pleased with the car...and that's really all that matters. Even though the car is slow by ls1 techs standards, it's still fun to drive....to me. I understand that your car is far superior to my junk, but I really couldn't care less about any of that. Just want a grocery getter that's fun....to me. See the theme here guy?
Old 08-10-2016, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah thats what im talking about, i couldn't care less who is faster than the next, all's i want is fun, tire spinning fun ha man sweet

this makes me want to turbo my truck that much sooner.. sigh lol man lol

was wondering what rpm did you see around 12psi of boost and by what rpm did you see full boost ?

im wanting to go twins but money wise, it will take me longer, being iv got a 2500HD 4x4 i need that down low, its a work truck... ha but i so want turbo NOW lol so a single sounds good i pull a trailer though mostly junk and wood... maybe i should just wait for twin 61s or 67s or 70s or something..

neways again sweet sweet ride man.. thumbs up and peace

Last edited by the404man; 08-11-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by the404man
yeah thats what im talking about, i could care less who is faster than the next, all's i want is fun, tire spinning fun ha man sweet

this makes me want to turbo my truck that much sooner.. sigh lol man lol

was wondering what rpm did you see around 12psi of boost and by what rpm did you see full boost ?

im wanting to go twins but money wise, it will take me longer, being iv got a 2500HD 4x4 i need that down low, its a work truck... ha but i so want turbo NOW lol so a single sounds good i pull a trailer though mostly junk and wood... maybe i should just wait for twin 61s or 67s or 70s or something..

neways again sweet sweet ride man.. thumbs up and peace
Good question, to be honest...I didn't pay attention to where full boost hit. Was focused mainly on seeing if I was maintaining boost, and was seeing how the oil pressure was doing. But i see you are in Tyler, does the name cody bloodworth, mark Bewley ring a bell?
Old 08-11-2016, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Game ova
Good question, to be honest...I didn't pay attention to where full boost hit. Was focused mainly on seeing if I was maintaining boost, and was seeing how the oil pressure was doing. But i see you are in Tyler, does the name cody bloodworth, mark Bewley ring a bell?
Seems like iv heard of a bloodworth before, did he run the old round D round dirt track out in rusk years back ?

And ah that's ok, i think i should wait for twins anyways as bad as i want to just get the 78/76 and be done with it.. but yeah thanks for all the data you put out on this On3 turbo all the trash talking about them almost discouraged me from even going with On3... for the money i really dont think you can bet them..
Old 08-11-2016, 12:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Seems like iv heard of a bloodworth before, did he run the old round D round dirt track out in rusk years back ?

And ah that's ok, i think i should wait for twins anyways as bad as i want to just get the 78/76 and be done with it.. but yeah thanks for all the data you put out on this On3 turbo all the trash talking about them almost discouraged me from even going with On3... for the money i really dont think you can bet them..
Nah, cody has one of the fastest cars in the southern region, no dirt track. Not sure how much power you are trying to make, but twins for most.....really isn't necessary. Just more stuff to buy, and more things to break.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

Nah, cody has one of the fastest cars in the southern region, no dirt track. Not sure how much power you are trying to make, but twins for most.....really isn't necessary. Just more stuff to buy, and more things to break.
ahh yeah prob dont know him then sorry man .. But do you know if he has a youtube.. id like to have a look see at his car .. i searched his name but only came back with kids

And as for as power number nothing much really just maybe 2 to 300 extra out of a 01 5.3 or 04 6.0 just enough i can be running 50, 60mph and break the tires loose .. i love drifting .. BIG TIME

Last edited by the404man; 08-11-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:39 AM
TECH Junkie

ahh yeah prob dont know him then sorry man .. But do you know if he has a youtube.. id like to have a look see at his car .. i searched his name but only came back with kids.

And as for as power number nothing much really just maybe 2 to 300 extra out of a 01 5.3 or 04 6.0 just enough i can be running 50, 60mph and break the tires loose .. i love drifting .. BIG TIME
Then I would recommend going with the 6.0, because it takes lots of torque to do 60+ mph rolling burnouts. It is fun, but very frustrating when you want to feel maximum pull...but you can't because it just spins.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ConvoyJefferson
They're gonna be making billet wheels and stainless Vband turbines. .. it's on their instagram page @On3performance. . Good info though. Same turbine A/R ratios?
Is the billet wheel a different design than the cast wheel or just a copy?
Old 08-11-2016, 08:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Is the billet wheel a different design than the cast wheel or just a copy?
After seeing the difference between the two, I'm beginning to wonder if billet is all its cracked up to be. I really think that if this on3 had just a higher flowing housing, it would have matched the precision in horsepower. On the street, It seems like the on3 actually spools faster even though it has a cast wheel. And no, I'm not just saying that to bash precision.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:34 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
I'm glad you're up and running, I only want to correct your claim on torque as your peak may be the same but area under the curve on both hp/tq are down a lot. Look at the numbers near the end of the run to see the difference and that's the RPM you're racing at. The China junk is clearly out matched. Whether it's $1k outmatched is up to you. If I had a built motor turbo car, which I do, and I only made that hp on full kill I'd be pretty pissed.
What does your car dyno and what does it ET/trap to back it up? What turbo do you have? Assume you easily make over 1000whp on 20lbs for this to be disappointing to the point of being pissed. Also, I would hardly call 14 degrees of timing and 20lbs full kill, sounds baby soft to me.

Also define a lot? I think the scaling and different rev range skews it a bit but once looking at the chart in detail it doesn't appear much if any further off then the 50-55 claimed difference.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 498 Likes on 385 Posts

Excellent comparison between the two turbos. I think all but the most hard core would agree that the little chinese turbo that could can deliver a ton of power for most peoples goals. This also gives me hope for the T7875 I just installed that replaced my TC78.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The ******
Excellent comparison between the two turbos. I think all but the most hard core would agree that the little chinese turbo that could can deliver a ton of power for most peoples goals. This also gives me hope for the T7875 I just installed that replaced my TC78.
You are right, and you will be able to make plenty of power with this turbo. But, there's always those, like that Drewsteen guy out there that no matter what will knock it because it's Chinese. Yes, you will take a lite hit in power, but 43rwhp is a very small price to pay....and can easily overcome that hit assuming your tune isn't already at the ragged edge. And I say 43 hp....because since I missed the boost dial in by .5psi the car likely would have made 775 at 21psi which is where the precision was.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Where did you hear this?
Second paragraph of the description.

http://www.on3performance.com/shop/o...-turbocharger/
Old 08-11-2016, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Do both turbos have the same size turbine wheel and exhaust housing?

The difference in power could easily be different days different weather.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by necrocannibal

The turbine wheel is 1mm bigger.....still .96 ar. I did think about the weather, but it was hot both days I tested....so it would be hard to say that the weather hurt me yesterday.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Well the true test is going to be trap speed. If they are the same or with in a mph of each other then you will know for sure.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Veteran

I like the fact that the power differences happen several hundred rpm earlier on the On3.....interesting. Might just be a different tune away from making the same or more power and torque.....oh, and that half pound of boost. LOL
Old 08-11-2016, 10:19 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal

The turbine wheel is 1mm bigger.....still .96 ar. I did think about the weather, but it was hot both days I tested....so it would be hard to say that the weather hurt me yesterday.
The weather correction factor (WCF) numbers shows similar for both runs so I agree it was certainly warm both days.

Quick Reply: On3 7876 vs pt7675.... The dyno results (video inside)