Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin turbo 240sx build

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016 | 01:02 AM
Teching In

Default Twin turbo 240sx build

Well, the wife told me I got 6 months before she gets back from deployment to get my car turbo'd so it's on! Using truck manifolds, and cheap ebay turbos that will eventually be Garrett's when these grenade. Trans is still factory, just got a very small refresh(not putting super sticky tires on the back). Air to air intercooler with water/methanol injection left over from the turbo 4cyl.

This thing is for real a junk yard *****, q45, 300zx, j30, 350z, c5, z28, Chevy Malibu, Blackhawk helicopter parts. Whatever it takes to make better/fix.......I'll say, economically. Using cxracing swap parts. They're pretty good, but I replaced the engine mount bushings with energy suspension bushings cut to size and modified the crossmember.

Still a lot to do, but I'm shooting for around 550 rwhp. It's just for fun, autocross, hurt feelings, bragging. It's my little sleeper. I'm most proud of keeping air conditioning, as soon as I can figure out where to relocate the drier.

Anything I need to really worry about with putting a turbo on an ls1 besides rod bolts, valve springs, and injectors?
Old 10-18-2016 | 05:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by broken40s

Well, the wife told me I got 6 months before she gets back from deployment to get my car turbo'd so it's on! Using truck manifolds, and cheap ebay turbos that will eventually be Garrett's when these grenade. Trans is still factory, just got a very small refresh(not putting super sticky tires on the back). Air to air intercooler with water/methanol injection left over from the turbo 4cyl.

This thing is for real a junk yard *****, q45, 300zx, j30, 350z, c5, z28, Chevy Malibu, Blackhawk helicopter parts. Whatever it takes to make better/fix.......I'll say, economically. Using cxracing swap parts. They're pretty good, but I replaced the engine mount bushings with energy suspension bushings cut to size and modified the crossmember.

Still a lot to do, but I'm shooting for around 550 rwhp. It's just for fun, autocross, hurt feelings, bragging. It's my little sleeper. I'm most proud of keeping air conditioning, as soon as I can figure out where to relocate the drier.

Anything I need to really worry about with putting a turbo on an ls1 besides rod bolts, valve springs, and injectors?
Your rod bolts will probably be fine since you won't really need to buzz the motor. But i could definitely understand changing for the peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Twin turbo 240sx build