Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boostaholic cam?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boostaholic cam?

Anyone ever heard of this cam ? trying to get a little bit of info on it.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The most convenient thing that could have been posted here was the actual specs of the camshaft. It's unlikely that many guys who are just browsing (on there work break or whatever else) will bother searching google for the cam.

If it has boost in the name, it's probably a pretty sweet choice
Old 02-19-2017, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Seems like it's from a shop named "Aggressive Motorsports" but as far as I can find they don't give out the specs...

Unless there is a specific reason to use that cam I would go with a more "tried and true" option from shops/people such as stock48, LJMS, SpeedInc, Tick, Comp, etc... They can all spec you out something perfectly matched for your combo or sell you an nice off the shelf cam to meet your needs.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If they don't give out the spec's, why would anyone buy it? That worked for the Beatles with the white album, but if I'm gonna fork over about 4 bills, I'm going to at least want to know what I'm buying. I'm not a cam expert, but do have a pretty good idea of how duration and overlap are going to make an engine of a specific displacement perform. There are lots of really good choices out there, that are proven, and your going to want a cam similar to them. Its hard to go wrong with the LJMS stage 2 turbo cam, BTR turbo cams, etc, or even just a 224, or 228ish type cam on a 112-114 with a couple degrees of advance in them. The biggest difference you will have is between the factory truck cam, that comes in a large number of the donor engines we deal with, and just about any aftermarket cam 224 and bigger. It's like the first rule of a gun fight, have a gun. Same thing with camshafts. Compared to that jump, the differenced between most of these moderate cams is small. Just to reiterate my original thought, with so many vendors offering really proven grinds, why take a chance on some unknown grind, with just a flashy name to market it.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:15 AM
Teching In

Ive messaged them, but shocking no reply. Is there any way to measure duration ? I got the lift already.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you've got a cam doctor you can measure it. There are people advertising their service of using their "cam doctor" to measure your camshaft. There are other brands other than "cam doctor" but that is kind of the generic name for them. Going rate is about $100 though. How did you measure the lift? That is hard to do correctly. I would recommend putting it an a lathe, and using a dial gauge on it, just to do that.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyBG
If you've got a cam doctor you can measure it. There are people advertising their service of using their "cam doctor" to measure your camshaft. There are other brands other than "cam doctor" but that is kind of the generic name for them. Going rate is about $100 though. How did you measure the lift? That is hard to do correctly. I would recommend putting it an a lathe, and using a dial gauge on it, just to do that.
Or rig up a solid lifter and roll the cam over in the block with a degree wheel on the end. You can get an idea of the specs, but it will only be shade-tree accurate.

Buying a cam because of a retarded naming convention is... well... retarded.

Call Cam Motion and get a real measured cam card in the box.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe

Buying a cam because of a retarded naming convention is... well... retarded.

Call Cam Motion and get a real measured cam card in the box.
^this

Quick Reply: Boostaholic cam?