How much meth??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 11:18 PM
RHP
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much meth??

What is the extent of your Meth habit??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I drive a Vortech SC 04 Z06 and I spray 465ml/min methanol as an insurance policy on top of my safe tune. (7.37 gal/hr). Stock Z06 pushing close to 10 pounds on top. I really didn't notice any difference after install - it was ferocious before and also after the meth install.

I start spraying at 3pounds, full on at 5.

How much is everybody else spraying? I've done a few DE's with this set-up and have had to replenish the system during breaks for my own comfort, but even with daily WOT, I don't go through a lot.

I haven't used a wideband to see what the AFR is after the meth, I trust the tuner and threw it on top.

What kind of volume are YOU spraying, and at what boost? I'm all ears!

Roger
Old 03-16-2006, 06:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was spraying around 800cc/min of windshield washer fluid, but it was to much - reduced HP on Dyno, when we switched to 100% meth, the tune had to be leaned out to much, so we didn't bother. Did some more research and for a 348 LS1 with ~10lbs boost the numbers I got were as low as 6gal/min and as high as 8.0gal/min. My current setup is at ~300cc/min, going to dyno next week....