Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

header fab advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header fab advice needed

is there any certin order the primaries on a header should go into the collector. i relize that it would be ok in any order but is there a certin order that would be better.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Whatever works out best for your header design is what I would say, easy way to fab it up is with some foam tubing and coat hangers bent inside the tubing to route the primaries to your collector
Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Suspended Sponsor

As long as you are not building a Tri-Y design, it really makes no diffrence, I would worry about the length and diameter much more! I worked for a header manufacturer for a few years doing the R&D and I have seen this first hand.

-Bryan
Old 04-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Launching!

i will be using 1 3/4" primaries as far as i can see the end primaries will be the same but the middle 2 might be shorter unless i can add some length some how.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AKAFRED
i will be using 1 3/4" primaries as far as i can see the end primaries will be the same but the middle 2 might be shorter unless i can add some length some how.
I built a set and basically did my best to make them equal length. Only so much you can do when they are shorter turbo headers and your space is limited. More concerned with fit and finish. Try to keep in mind that so many guys are making big power with stock manifolds. Helps things to be not so critical in design.