Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What do I need to change on my motor for a turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do I need to change on my motor for a turbo setup

I'm kicking around the idea of building a big(1000-1200hp) twin turbo setup. Here is my current setup. LME solid roller 408, cam specs 264/272 695/680 112 +4*, 11 to 1 compression, GTP heads that flow 336@600 with 66cc chambers, vic jr intake, th400 tranny, yank pt4000 converter, 9" w/3.55 gears. My fuel system is a bosch 420 with -8an supply and -6an return. I know my cam and pistons will need changed but what about my heads. Are the chambers big enough? Thanks for any input or suggustions. I'm totally new to FI and still learning a ton.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to make the power you're speaking of you will ultimately want to change the cam, compression and fuel system. Those HP numbers aren't easy to get. Most people on this forum talk about, "ya, i'll just bolt this on and that and I want 1500hp." It's NOT that easy. I know you're not saying this buy just a FYI for others reading. To reach that number it's going to take quite a bit of work and more money.

You may end up ultimately needing to stud or o-ring your heads, v-band assembly your cold side piping to keep from blowing piping out and silicone connectors, running race gas, running an aggressive tune, possibly an entirely new fuel system, maybe new lower gears, taller rear tires. I could go on and on.

In the end, the car is suited to the owner. You change what you see fit to change and what your wallet will allow. I hope this helps, if it seems i'm rambling, it's because I just woke up and didn't have coffee.