Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I got my car running

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I got my car running

Well I got my car back on 4 wheels and out of the garage tonight. Over the last 2 months I installed a set of PP cnc'd LS6 heads, 2 intank walboro fuel pumps, new fuel lines, rails, regulator, 60# injectors, gaugues, And last but not least my D1-SC procharger with an 8# pulley on it.

I already had long tubes, ORY, ported TB, hooker cat back, and an 02 Z06 cam.

car runs a little ruff on start up but once it has been running for a bit it drives ok. The only thing I had done to the pcm was have someone change my injector flow rates for the bigger injectors other than that it is a stock tune for now. I have a few little things to button up as far as hiding wires for the gaugues I installed and cleaning things up a little. I have an appointment to get my car tuned the end of Febuary ( I need to recupe some funds) The car sounds SOOOOO mean with the procharger on it. I can't wait to get it tuned and see what numbers it puts down and then get it to the track. I am hoping to see it make 550rwhp and run a mid 10 at the track.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice setup. Good luck....
Old 01-24-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

sounds good, you must be happy.... and i hate you by the way since mine is not done yet!!!!

get her dialed in and well, just seeing what kp has done with is d1 makes me wonder if i actually did take the right route.... hmm?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Second Club

i feel your wait buddy! i also feel the recouperating of the funds....
Old 01-25-2007, 04:44 AM
10 Second Club

here is a video of the car running I took the other night. it sounds so mean.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/935dd...c0013b8468.htm
Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
here is a video of the car running I took the other night. it sounds so mean.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/935dd...c0013b8468.htm
hmmm...I wasn't getting any sound from the video fyi...

Without better tuning for those injectors, I wouldn't run the car that much if I were you. The PCM won't adjust for 60# simply by changing the IFR. You'll be running very rich at idle and during decel...
Old 01-25-2007, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

better to be rich then lean.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
better to be rich then lean.
agreed to a certain extent...however, I have 60# in my car right now and when I was able to start it (turbo install currently), the AFR would get buried at 10:1 after it warmed up...the lowest my gauge goes.
Same thing happens during decel...the gauge get buried at 10:1. At PT or WOT, the AFR is fine...normal I would reckon.

No black smoke coming out the tail pipe so that's a good thing, but better to not drive it/limit your driving so you don't wash our your rings, etc...
Old 01-25-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like a sick set up man, good luck

Old 01-25-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

I don't agree with the better rich than lean part. Both are bad, but I drove my car from a buddies house to mine using that same principal, "at least it's not lean", and washed the rings. never sealed and I had to tear the engine down with less than 500 miles on it, 80 of those when it was at 10:1. I wouldn't drive it without tuning and definetly not without a wideband so you know exactly if it's rich or lean while your driving. Car looks nice though.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

I did the same thing. I guess the O2's were bad or something but it ran full tilt fuel mode all the time, lol. Anywhoo it never did seal.

Rich is just as bad as lean on a new motor.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by anarchy99
I don't agree with the better rich than lean part. Both are bad, but I drove my car from a buddies house to mine using that same principal, "at least it's not lean", and washed the rings. never sealed and I had to tear the engine down with less than 500 miles on it, 80 of those when it was at 10:1. I wouldn't drive it without tuning and definetly not without a wideband so you know exactly if it's rich or lean while your driving. Car looks nice though.
how's that car run on turbo and spray?

I'm surprised a lot more people dont do that.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

I am not driving the car right now other than just around my block just to see that things were ok. I am only gonna drive it when I take it to go get it tuned. It is still a stock short block that has 48K miles on it, so I am not too concerned about ring seal. Acording to my air fuel gauge while I was driving it and at idle it was ok. But like I said I didn't drive it far. I don't plan on driving it other than to get it tuned and I have no intention of hitting boost or anything like that until it is tuned. Just baby it to the shop.

I noticed the no sounds on the video. It had sound on my computer before I uploaded it. I will try and upload it again.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

If you just drove it around the block, your AFR gauge could be deceiving you. They don't start working right until they're nice and hot. Like I said...at PT or WOT if you adjusted the IFR, you're going to be fine. But, during decel and idle, it should be stinkin the place up and burning your eyes!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
how's that car run on turbo and spray?

I'm surprised a lot more people dont do that.
Haven't sprayed it yet.... just waiting for some dyno time now to work out the little issues, then we'll crank the boost all the way up and see what she does. Runs great now though.

Quick Reply: I got my car running