Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Stuck on the fence - Procharger or TTI Single Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stuck on the fence - Procharger or TTI Single Turbo???

I have been reading lots, it seems s tho the turbo has more down low punch, and that's what i am looking for...but, I will lose my longtubes.....

What the hell do I do, I have been considering HCI, but figure I might as well go big or go home.

Please offer some opinions and views....

Thx.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced a ProCharger D-1SC with a TTi turbo kit on my Vette and have never looked back.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Launching!

how do they compare?????

i want tourque!

how much boost ya runnin?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

turbo is nice but pain in the ***. Procharger is proven
Old 03-18-2007, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
turbo is nice but pain in the ***. Procharger is proven
Having pretty good luck with our turbo systems since 1988. If you need more info I can be contacted at george@turbotechnologyinc.com
Old 03-18-2007, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol. You have no idea about boost or what you are getting yourself into if you are "worried about losing your headers".
Old 03-19-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

be prepared to plunge into a neverending cycle of breakage and money spending, but turbo ftw
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
be prepared to plunge into a neverending cycle of breakage and money spending, but turbo ftw

Originally Posted by ninetres
Lol. You have no idea about boost or what you are getting yourself into if you are "worried about losing your headers".
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup. make sure you have some extra "just in case" money set aside. even mroe so if you go the turbo route... since more power it just a few clicks away !!

i'm going procharger cuz i dont trust myself, i hear boost is really addicting and i'd the be one goin... whats another 2 lbs of boost? hhmm....

if your going from a bolt on car to boost, regardless of your choice i don't htink you'll be dissapointed. procharger is less maintenance if thats an issue
Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 AM
TECH Resident

Prochargers seem to be much more of a install tune and forget item compared to turbo's that seem to always need some sort of attention. Id preffer a turbo, but with the prices of the kits that i actually considered a quality setup, i wasnt willing to spend it. I chose the procharger for the less aggravation and headaches and considering KP has shown that they are pretty much able to break into the 8's (he will do it one of these days!) what more could you ask for?

Reliable and good up to a high high 8 second pass = procharger D1SC. Oh and they are a couple grand less overall also!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
Prochargers seem to be much more of a install tune and forget item compared to turbo's that seem to always need some sort of attention. Id preffer a turbo, but with the prices of the kits that i actually considered a quality setup, i wasnt willing to spend it. I chose the procharger for the less aggravation and headaches and considering KP has shown that they are pretty much able to break into the 8's (he will do it one of these days!) what more could you ask for?

Reliable and good up to a high high 8 second pass = procharger D1SC. Oh and they are a couple grand less overall also!
reason why people adjust or mess more with turbos is because they want to keep making it faster, with a supercharger you can only do it with steps of a pully change turbo you just have to adjust the ****
Old 03-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Pathological Modifier

Well if you are looking for a Turbo kit that does not require additional engineering, then one of the TTi kits is for you. I love the sound fully spooled!

Ryan K.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:04 AM
7 Second Club

procharger for simplicity.... if you wanna go in the 8's just grab a F1R blower and get it to the ground...

my first shake down pass it trapped 105 in the 8th...
Old 03-19-2007, 10:25 AM

Procharger.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

TURBO.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Here we go again lol.

I say just do some research and try to find some local guys that have decent running supercharged or turbo cars like yours and see what you like. Anyone who knows what they are doing can make either run very well. Its not a black and white issue and there several pros and cons to either setup.

Either way its a lot of work, time and money so the best thing you can do is do some research and make your decision based on what YOU want and not what other people THINK you want..
Old 03-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kp
Here we go again lol.

I say just do some research and try to find some local guys that have decent running supercharged or turbo cars like yours and see what you like. Anyone who knows what they are doing can make either run very well. Its not a black and white issue and there several pros and cons to either setup.

Either way its a lot of work, time and money so the best thing you can do is do some research and make your decision based on what YOU want and not what other people THINK you want..

The power delivery from each setup is going to be different. Try to get a ride in one of each. Turbo cars DO have turbo lag, but they will still make more boost sooner (at lower RPM) than a centrifugal blower. You just have to get used to the delay (which can be very minimal, or very large, depends on many factors), or learn to drive around it.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

be prepared to plunge into a neverending cycle of breakage and money spending
You are right about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:01 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Turbos can make some killer numbers, but I have no desire to get rid of the D-1SC on my '02 and stick a turbo on. Love the reliability and low maintenance of the Procharger, as well as excellent driveability and good gas mileage (if I keep my foot out of it )

I just wish I had an 8-rib set up instead of the 6-rib. Have had a little bit of belt slippage now and then. Recently tightened it up again and it seems allright, but one day I'll go to an 8-rib.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
Turbos can make some killer numbers, but I have no desire to get rid of the D-1SC on my '02 and stick a turbo on. Love the reliability and low maintenance of the Procharger, as well as excellent driveability and good gas mileage (if I keep my foot out of it )

I just wish I had an 8-rib set up instead of the 6-rib. Have had a little bit of belt slippage now and then. Recently tightened it up again and it seems allright, but one day I'll go to an 8-rib.
SDCE 6 rib upgrade is pretty cheap since you dont have to swap the crank pulley. Quiets it down some at idle as well. It wont max it out like the 8 rib setups but at least you dont ever have to tighten the belt.

Quick Reply: Stuck on the fence - Procharger or TTI Single Turbo???