Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

exhaust wrap

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust wrap

Who has wrapped their headers / downpipes and gotten a good result? We are trying to drop under hood temps because of some cooling problems the car had last year, part of the problem was a thermostat issue but I am hoping venting downpipes outside the engine bay and wrapping exhaust pipes will help.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used it on my crossover and downpipe from the get go on my truck manafold kit, seems to help a little, but its still hot in there.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny your talking about this...we are now scratching our heads wondering if we should remove wrap..we have a t/t 02 z06 and its hot *** hell under the hood and for a wile after we shut her down.....i think the rap is holding alot of heat in...hummmm we are going to remove some and let you know.... ..the reason for this is our t/t c6 z06 has no wrap, it gets hot but the heat is gone quick......

Last edited by ocdwill; 05-09-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wrapped my hot side and dp but also shortened the length of tubing on the passenger side so i don't know which helped more on the spool as it is noticeably quicker now but i do know the car seems to run cooler and underhood heat is quite a bit less. I guess i will have to wait for summer when i am running the a/c to see for sure.