Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Still planning FMIC or 4.5's ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Still planning FMIC or 4.5's ?

Will run around 8-9psi on a D1SC for a few years or until my rings or something else goes and i'm forced to rebuild and then start pushing the limits of the blower.
Should i just stick with the 4.5inch intercoolers that come with the kit or would it be worth it to just upgrade to the FMIC now?
I want to see 500rwhp 475+tq after the install and i'm wondering if i would pick up any extra hp/tq with the FMIC since the intake air should be cooler and less piping to go through. Let alone i wouldn't have to worry about blowing the lid apart like ED did.

I'm planning on having EPP do the install and tune so i know its not going to go BOOM on me from someones shitty attempt at tuning. Is the $1k that EPP charges for the FMIC installed worth it for the small gains that i think i would get? Or would it be a waste of money and the 4.5's would work perfectly fine? I'm also going to be running meth injection. I know its kind of overkill for 8 psi, but its better to be safe then sorry.

Last edited by -Freak-; 06-25-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
9 Second Club

Go with the front mount, much cooler IATs, simpler plumbing, no issues blowing apart the ATI plenum.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a good plan. I am planning on doing the same thing within the next year hopefully. I would just go w/ the FMIC first. Do you absolutly have to buy the twins w/ the kit? obviuosly it wouldnt be a kit w/o them. Could you just buy what you needed and save the money from the twins and all their plumbing. Then go w/ the FMIC now and never have to pay for the intercoolers you dont want.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Sounds like a good plan. I am planning on doing the same thing within the next year hopefully. I would just go w/ the FMIC first. Do you absolutly have to buy the twins w/ the kit? obviuosly it wouldnt be a kit w/o them. Could you just buy what you needed and save the money from the twins and all their plumbing. Then go w/ the FMIC now and never have to pay for the intercoolers you dont want.
Anyone from EPP able to chime in on that? Do we end up buying the kit with the twin coolers and piping, and then paying for the FMIC on top of it or do you adjust the pricing accordingly for just the FMIC?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798

I offer our front mount intercooler kit as an upgrade. It is an $350.00 option over the 4.5" twin intercoolers. Thanks! Bob
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I plan to push the ATI 4.5" twins with my turbo setup until my turbo maxes out. ~750
Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up Bob, you should be hearing from me in the future.

Quick Reply: Still planning FMIC or 4.5's ?