Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Snow Performance Methanol Injection Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Performance Methanol Injection Help

Hey guys,

I'm over in Iraq right now. I bought the Snow Meth kit for my 04 LS1 GTO this past week along with a bunch of other go faster goodies.

I'm a machinist/gunsmaker by trade and have a full machine shop back home in SD.

I want to draft up a mounting bracket for the pump on this kit. It's the 150 psi model. Could someone measure the overall dimensions of the pump and provide the center to center hole locations for the mounting bolts and give them to me?

I'd be grateful.

What I'm looking at doing is machining a plate with four small tabs for a small spring to hook into. Similar to what you'd see on a dirt bike's exhaust. these then mount on similar tabs along a machined "picture frame" that is bolted somewhere in the trunk (7 quart res). The idea being to isolate vibration/noise from the pump so I don't have to listen to it in the car while still providing a very rigid mount for the pump. The frame supports the bracket while isolating it from the rest of the car.

Having never heard or even seen one of these things, I may just be over engineering the thing, but if nothing else it'll look cool when its all done.

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't want it in the trunk. you want it close to the nossle. with the distance being that far. it will take to long from when you turn it on till it gets to motor. this is why nitrous cylinod is close to the jet. not by the tank.