Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS2Camaro ofi kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS2Camaro ofi kit

Good luck getting that big S91 to fit, my builder had to mod some pipes and stuff to make my S85 to fit where it is suppose to, again you have a newer version of the kit. I am not trying to high jack this thread but just letting you know its close enough of a fit as it is and we all know not all cars are exactly the same. Of course my car is a 1995 w/Ls2 and builder finally got everything to fit, but the first two pics show of the engine/turbo clearance problems. The third pic shows more clearance. He had to end up cutting pipes, etc. For sure interested in how yours will turn out. PM me if you need more details of how to get it to eventually fit if yours does have a problem fitting, I hope it doesn't.

Engine Clearance Problem Pic 1

Engine Clearance Problem Pic 2

Now with the pipe fixed to allow the turbo to fit

Kit fitting

Another pic wth kit fitting.

Last edited by LS2Camaro; 11-23-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
Plug access is pretty easy. I have changed the plugs on the kits on the dynos before when tuning, b/c they had the wrong plug in before.

Very nice pics dan. It will fit so dont worry. I test fit everyone before it leaves.

Thanks Joel
Than why did mine not fit Joel without mods, and I have heard of others having the same problems? I am not bashing you at all, I mean do you pre-fit it on every car with all components installed, again not all cars are exactly the same. Do you actually test fit every kit in the car before it leaves the shop, or do you just test fit it on the engine outside of the car? I know you have shown pics and stuff of it fitting on a car, but that is when you were originally creating and mocking up the kit, but I highly doubt you test fit every kit on the engine and inside the engine compartment with all components, or else mine would of fit, and it was not even close.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2Camaro
Than why did mine not fit Joel without mods, and I have heard of others having the same problems? I am not bashing you at all, I mean do you pre-fit it on every car with all components installed, again not all cars are exactly the same. Do you actually test fit every kit in the car before it leaves the shop, or do you just test fit it on the engine outside of the car? I know you have shown pics and stuff of it fitting on a car, but that is when you were originally creating and mocking up the kit, but I highly doubt you test fit every kit on the engine and inside the engine compartment with all components, or else mine would of fit, and it was not even close.
I dont know why yours didnt fit and didnt know anything about it until now. Yours was one of the first 3 ever made also. I didnt have a car to test fit those on. I do have a test shell and everyone is installed before it leaves to make sure it fits. Yours was close to the belt as I can see in the pics before it was fixed. Who else have had proplems? I havent heard of any.

Dan Sorry about this...Looks like your going to have to start another build up install thread.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

MODS notes: this thread has been separated from another OFI thread as the owner anted it cleaned, so please keep the two separate.

Quick Reply: LS2Camaro ofi kit