Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Upgrade log T-63 setup to T76, or APS, other?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade log T-63 setup to T76, or APS, other?

I'm looking to move up on my turbo set up.

I'm building a new motor (373 or 402, leaning towards 402 as lower compression will be offset by cubes) and my log style (QMP T63) won't keep up. LS2, AFR heads, LS6 manifold, reverse split cam, by reputable sponsor here.

Goal is 750-800 rwhp, and torque I want to get deep into the 11s, this summer. I want to keep A/C

Options:

1) Upgrade T-63 to T-76 (+ no piping changes, -limits of log set up , pressure pulses hard on engine, will crack the tubing due to increased weight, clearance issues BFH required on frame). Who could spec out a T-76 for me?

2) Ditch set up, sell and procure another turbo system (APS or other, + cast manifolds, higher output possible,- APS has smallish turbos, cost higher)

3) Other? T-88 ?(would require tubular manifolds again possible and cracking? or need to ditch A/C)

What advice do folks recommend.

98 Camaro SS, stock motor QMP T-63, M6, Textralia twin clutch, PST driveshaft Moser 12 bolt, SFC, relocation brackets, Spohn torque arm, Porche front brakes, methanol injection, borla and QTP cut out, catless, 7psi 480 rwhp, 540rwtq, 12.2 ET street tires

Thank you.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sell the kit and get a bigger one. I think Ls1 turbo(sponser) has a twin kit that uses T70's or TTi race kit. OFI is making a kit for the larger T6 turbos or Kentucky Turbo makes a truck manifold kit(no cracking) and hes working on using the new ST and SX turbos that also keeps the a/c. There's really alot of turbo kit choice out there right now.

Quick Reply: Upgrade log T-63 setup to T76, or APS, other?