Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts oil pump wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts oil pump wiring harness

is there a place i could buy a new harness from for the sts kit, im buying my friends kit and i guess he is having a hard time getting the wiring off of it. I've never seen it before so i dont know what the harness even looks like. so if any of you could help me out with some info that would be great. What does the wiring even go to on the car?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

The STS harness consists of wiring for the oil pump, boost controller(if one is present), PCV switch, power from the fuel pump for oil warning buzzer, oil pump toggle switch and I think that's it.

You could build one yourself but it would be a lot easier just to call STS of find one that someone doesn't need. It shouldn't be too hard to remove the harness from your buddy's vehicle as long as it was installed correctly. I would take a patience pill and remove the harness from the vehicle and save the trouble of trying to find one. Just my 0.02
Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the info, how long does it take to install the sts kit wtih no instructions? i need to have my car done in a couple weeks to get it tuned and i have a deadline to meet and am getting worried because my friend still hasnt taken it all off yet.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man call Chris from STS. I've been speaking with him about my car, and he is soo nice and very helpful. I just wish more shops had customer service STS.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Ok, i dont know how it easy it is to "order" on form STS casue im sure it isnt anywhere easier then this and it was really easy to me at least to make a harness. Hardest part was getting those damn wire looms on lol those things can be a pain in the butt

Question on WHERE to wire it in to? Where do i tap into for a 12volt switch source? alot of people say the old fuel pump switch signal but which wire is it? I have a racetronics hotwire harnees for the fuel pump so thats all good.
heres what i got so far as my harness

and yes... i know... thread necromacer lol

AH! now i found this by chance but is it the same color in the back of the car by the bulk head connection harness? just wondering? found the STS instructions with 98 f-bodys online with these instrucitons for T-tapping up by the PCM, but not sure if it stays the same all the way back or plug into any GM pigtails on the way back there changing colors. you know GM. you never know

--QUOTED FROM STS INSTRUCTION MANAL--

Route the wiring harness along the firewall toward the passenger side of the engine compartment
and secure the relays to the factory harness with nylon ties as shown in Diagram #4. Leave plug to be
connected to back frame harness on top of engine at this time.
• Locate fuel pump 12v supply wire in factory computer harness as shown in diagram #7 (For 98
models, this is a dark green wire with a white tracer that comes out of the “Blue C2” computer
connector at terminal #37
. For 99-02 models, this is a dark green wire with a white tracer that comes
out of the “Red C2” computer connector at terminal #9). Install the red T-Tap connector into the
appropriate fuel pump relay supply wire. (Note: Using a test light – this wire should be hot when
engine is running and will only be hot for about 2 seconds when ignition is on without the engine
running, then it will shut off unless engine is started.) Use a jumper wire to apply 12v to the single
blue wire to run electric oil pump for 2-3 minutes then connect blue wire to T-Tap connector and
carefully reinstall the computer. (Note: Install any gauges or accessories that require wires through
the firewall before reinstalling the computer.)

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-06-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: found somthing but need help
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

i found this, was wondering where to tap into it. im thinking the gry 120 wire but not sure

however according to the STS instructions, grn/wht 465 wire is what get tapped by them, but thats up in the engine compartment

Quick Reply: sts oil pump wiring harness