Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Which budget heads for future procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Which budget heads for future procharger?

Hey guys. Im so confused on which heads to get for a future procharger. there is TEA, PRC, TSP etc. OR do i just port and polish the stock heads on my 2002 TA. I do know that I dont want to up the stock compression much if any at all. Any recommendations?? Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
FormerVendor

Depends on the budget, it may be worth it to save a bit longer for the ATI and run some nice heads (AFR for a thick deck). The 3 you have chosen do make a nice budget head, but its usually worth it to wait just a tad longer.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best budget head for a FI build is the 317 truck heads... you can get some stockers for sub $300 or some worked ones for like $1200. If you're going to stay with a stock lower end and lower boost levels that's what I'd do. If you plan to build the lower end and can afford the cash, go for some 225 AFRs or ETs... the thicker deck and better flow will help you out more. Whatever you do, get a good dual spring set and some chromoly pushrods.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the rwhp numbers we got out of this 346 with Patriot heads.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Bob
Old 04-04-2008, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HydroStream6
Best budget head for a FI build is the 317 truck heads... you can get some stockers for sub $300 or some worked ones for like $1200. If you're going to stay with a stock lower end and lower boost levels that's what I'd do. If you plan to build the lower end and can afford the cash, go for some 225 AFRs or ETs... the thicker deck and better flow will help you out more. Whatever you do, get a good dual spring set and some chromoly pushrods.
+1 on the 317's, i got the heads on here in the classified section for like 200 bucks and spent about 300 to clean / port them. They will actually drop your compression about 1/2 a point.
I also got the patriot dual valvesprings and manley chomoly pushrods.

Like hydro said, if your building the bottom of your motor, you cant go wrong with the 225's, thats what ill be running when i get the motor done next year.

** Off Topic**
Bob, any word on the intercooler????
** /Off Topic**

Thanks...
--Mike
Old 04-05-2008, 05:03 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dcvingv6
+1 on the 317's, i got the heads on here in the classified section for like 200 bucks and spent about 300 to clean / port them. They will actually drop your compression about 1/2 a point.
I also got the patriot dual valvesprings and manley chomoly pushrods.

Like hydro said, if your building the bottom of your motor, you cant go wrong with the 225's, thats what ill be running when i get the motor done next year.

** Off Topic**
Bob, any word on the intercooler????
** /Off Topic**

Thanks...
--Mike

Mike, we should be getting it out to you Tuesday, thanks! We picked up the tubing yesterday. Bob

Quick Reply: Which budget heads for future procharger?