Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Yet another PCV thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yet another PCV thread

I recently added the LS6 valley cover to my car and this is how I'm thinking of running my new crankcase breather setup.

Does anyone see a problem with it?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DanWS6
I recently added the LS6 valley cover to my car and this is how I'm thinking of running my new crankcase breather setup.

Does anyone see a problem with it?
That's almost exactly what I have except I installed little filters directly on the valve covers instead of hose to a filter.

Some may argue that while in boost you're not getting proper crank ventilation but I have had no problems.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

I just wanted to make it easy to get to that breather to clean it. I'm thinking I should run two separate breathers off each vent instead.

I'm not sure how big of a deal it is to vent the crank case under boost either.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to vent the crankcase under boost, or you'll push out the dipstick or a seal. A single breather should be enough as long as the line isn't restricted. You may get some oil on the breather element after a while.

I would keep a pcv valve in the pcv line, just to limit the amount of air pulling through there at idle,
or adjust the tb stop to let the throttle blade close a little more so the IAC can still manage the idle speed.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by John_D.
You need to vent the crankcase under boost, or you'll push out the dipstick or a seal. A single breather should be enough as long as the line isn't restricted. You may get some oil on the breather element after a while.

I would keep a pcv valve in the pcv line, just to limit the amount of air pulling through there at idle,
or adjust the tb stop to let the throttle blade close a little more so the IAC can still manage the idle speed.
Yeah that's why I have a breather coming off the rear vents on the valve covers. I hadn't considered leaving the pcv valve in there, that might be a good idea. I guess that should go between the check valve and the intake.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Instead of doing the filter off the two rear valve cover taps, why don't you just leave the factory PCV line attached connecting the driver to passenger side and run a metco breather on the driver side where the oil cap goes? Looks cleaner and the breather is easy to get to because its right up front.

Quick Reply: Yet another PCV thread