Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help getting fuel rails setup.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Need help getting fuel rails setup.

I've been looking on sponsors websites, but I'm still a little confused as to what is actually included in different setups. I recently purchased a set of NASTY fuel rails, and need to get the rest of the items to hook it up to my stock lines.

Any links to setups would be helpful. I'm trying to do either black or silver for the fittings if that helps. I pm'd a local sponsor, but they only do nitrous setups.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had the old typhoon intake, it came with a fitting that had the same piece on it as the stock rails. It was a bitch to get the disconnect in on that piece, I ended up trimming it down to get it in there. I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to or what.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Well, I guess I have no experience in what size lines and what specific fittings I need. I'd hate to spend >$120 on a kit and realize it didn't have what I needed.

I know I need a length of fuel line to connect the two rails, but not sure what hardware I need.

I'm sure this has been done time and time again, but I might just be best to PM a sponsor, maybe NASTY can help out.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.professional-products.com...hose/52181.jpg

This is the part that I used that came with the old manifold. You could also run a braided line and make your own setup. It's a 3/8 fuel line quick connect
Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I understand your question, but there are so many ways to plumb a fuel system is mind boggling. Some want certain color anodized fittings, with specific types of hose and others just don't care and will install whatever. The different types of threads in the 10 or so different types of fuel rails complicates the issue even more. I'm happy to help, but need to know how exactly you want to plumb it.

Here are a few questions and comments.

Question 1: Do you have a color preference for the fittings?
Question 2: Do you want to crossover in the front or rear?
Question 3: Are you using an external FP regulator?
Question 4: Do you have a fuel pressure gauge or sender on you rails? Do you want one?
Question 5: Do you fuel rails have NPT or o-ring boss (ORB) threads in the ends?
Question 6: What exactly do you have in the way of rails and fittings presently?

Comment: I recommend using Teflon lined braided line instead of nitrile. Rubber line leaches fumes.

Personally, I don't like kits because I'm very **** about fit, color, appearance, routing, etc. If you just want to connect and go, than get a kit.

Last edited by 405HP_Z06; 01-23-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

^^^Thats alot better
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
I understand your question, but there are so many ways to plumb a fuel system is mind boggling. Some want certain color anodized fittings, with specific types of hose and others just don't care and will install whatever. The different types of threads in the 10 or so different types of fuel rails complicates the issue even more. I'm happy to help, but need to know how exactly you want to plumb it.

Here are a few questions and comments.

Question 1: Do you have a color preference for the fittings? I prefer to go with black.
Question 2: Do you want to crossover in the front or rear? It doesn't matter to me, does it make a difference? Front seems easier.
Question 3: Are you using an external FP regulator?vNot that I know, my fuel system is stock
Question 4: Do you have a fuel pressure gauge or sender on you rails? Do you want one? I don't have one yet, but that is an option
Question 5: Do you fuel rails have NPT or o-ring boss (ORB) threads in the ends? I'm not sure. They are the NASTY fuel rails. I can ask the guy I bought them from.
Question 6: What exactly do you have in the way of rails and fittings presently? I bought the NASTY rails from a member on here and I'm still on the stock system otherwise.

Comment: I recommend using Teflon lined braided line instead of nitrile. Rubber line leaches fumes.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if your system is basically stock then it is going to be pretty easy for you to set it up... I believe that the nasty rails do use an ORB type fitting. You must get an ORB fitting or they will leak. I think they are 8an but might be 6an. If you are staying with the stock fuel pressure regulator (which is in the tank) then connecting everything should be very easy....
And unfortunatly, black fitting are more expensive then any other color!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:44 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
well if your system is basically stock then it is going to be pretty easy for you to set it up... I believe that the nasty rails do use an ORB type fitting. You must get an ORB fitting or they will leak. I think they are 8an but might be 6an. If you are staying with the stock fuel pressure regulator (which is in the tank) then connecting everything should be very easy....
And unfortunatly, black fitting are more expensive then any other color!
Yeah, I'm going to send a PM to NASTY and seek their help. The guy I bought the rails from said he thought they were 8an fittings.