Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Beware of.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware of.....

Nasty Performance. I had ordered one of their new fuel tanks from them at the beginning of last month which they gladly accepted my money for and was told that the tank would ship in a couple of days, no big deal. I then sent a pm to them on the 14th and got a reply stating that there was a back order on the sending units and it would ship either that afternoon or the next day, again no big deal. Finally 2 days ago I send another pm saying that I wanted a refund on my money because it had been several weeks and still no tank had show up yet and I had decided to go elsewhere to buy a tank from a shop with some sort of customer service. I was shocked to see an e-mail that Nasty was shipping something to me yesterday, but what really makes me angry about this whole ordeal is that even though they may be shipping my tank to me now I have yet to receive any type of message as to why my order was never shipped when they said it would or any type of apology for being taken care of the way I was.I just want everyone to know what kind of business Nasty Performance is capable of doing.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

waaaa
Old 05-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

How would you feel if you spent almost 900 dollars for parts and the company you bought them from was giving you the run around and telling you lies about when they will be shipping. I don't know about you but that's not the type of company I like doing business with.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they werent giving u the run around, u impatient imp.

all any company will give u is an ESTIMATE of when the part will be shipped cuz im willing to bet money they dont actually make the tanks.

do u even know what back-order means?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Launching!

that's why you see what they've put together in their "kits" then buy everything individually.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z28_LT1
they werent giving u the run around, u impatient (p)imp. <---Is this what you meant? WTH is an imp?

all any company will give u is an ESTIMATE of when the part will be shipped cuz im willing to bet money they dont actually make the tanks.

When they say something will be shipped by a certain time and it isn't, they have to tell you why it wasn't shipped. They can't just ignore you when they have $XXX of your money.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z28_LT1
they werent giving u the run around, u impatient imp.

If you read anything in the post you will see that he stated that the tank would be shipping on the 14th or 15th you jackass, so when its been 2 weeks later and I still haven't seen anything arrive yet I tend to get curious as to what is going on and then the day after I send him a message stating I want my money back Fed-Ex somehow finally sends me an e-mail stating that the tank was indeed shipped out on May 1st? I have never bashed a shop for being back-ordered or if they needed more time to fabricate something up, but I do get a little pissed when someone tells me something and they don't stay to their word.It makes me kinda wonder if you are blowing Nasty Nate by the way you are defending him Z28_LT1.....
Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

I am sorry for the delay but it turned out that the company making the sender was closed for a week and did not tell us when they told me they were on back order. And again sorry I did not get your pm(not a phone call) to cancel your tank feel free to not accept the shipment they will send it back to me. I have several others waiting for one they would be glad to get your tank.

Nice post with zero phone call to resolve the situation.

Nate

Last edited by Nasty N8; 05-04-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

never spoken to Nasty performance, but i have had things backordered before and all u gotta do is call em to see whats up. and yes i did read ur post again and again and again. ya know what a telephone is? the big block that can only count to 9 thats mostly full of empty space..kinda like ur head. thx for the pm btw. idiot.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Jedi Master

How exactly is ignoring PM's and emails "good" customer service.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
FormerVendor

I answer Emails all day sometime up to the minute. PM's on the other hand usually can not get to them every day but I try. Sorry the PM was not answered in 24hours.

Nate
Old 05-04-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know. If I were you, I'd have made sure the damn thing was on the shelf before giving out any sort of payment information. I don't mess around with my money either, and a non-response to PMs or e-mails, whether there's a telephone within 1000 miles of me or not, would have resulted in a dispute with my credit card company. Heh, that's probably the only phone call I'd be making!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this to me...does not sound like bad customer service. He answered your emails and told you there was a delay. Personally, i woulda made a phone call to get more specifics. If he flat out ignored every one of your attempts to be answered..id chalk it up as bad. Seeing how you got a response..i think he did ok. You shoulda definitly called up and got to speaking with a person rather then posting this up. Id still purchase from them.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:54 PM
FormerVendor

I am sorry I have been a sponsor on this site for over 8 years in Business for 10 and never not delivered to a customer. Yes there are some things beyond my control that cause delays sometimes I apologize for this but nothing I can do about it. Simple phone call would have known his part had shipped before his PM even went off.

I do keep these tanks on the shelf but it happens to be spring build time I have sold more of these tanks in the past 2 weeks then I have in 6 months not gonna be in stock they sell faster than I can build them and EVERYONE has been told that when ordering...Like I said if you don't want one fine someone else does.

Nate
Old 05-04-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a few people got their panties in a bundle. Seriously why wouldn't you take a concern up by E-mail or by phone. That way they go directly to the company instead of just sitting in ls1tech's mail system. Emails are a little more professional as well.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benner
Sounds like a few people got their panties in a bundle. Seriously why wouldn't you take a concern up by E-mail or by phone. That way they go directly to the company instead of just sitting in ls1tech's mail system. Emails are a little more professional as well.
I agree and a phone call to Nate would have been a first step rather than this thread . Done.